Chapter 28 - A Public Declaration

Leonora huffed from where she sat, legs dangling over the cliffside overlooking one of the many off the records facilities that Klaus had ties to. All things considered they had been very well-hidden, located in discrete but remote areas that are exceptionally difficult to access through the standard means. The man had even went through incredible lengths to ensure that there had been no public evidence that would tie the man himself or even the government to these buildings.

It would have been an effective cover against the common folk, unluckily for them they weren't up against just any regular humans.

It had been far too easy for Vivien to uncover the various undisclosed documents detailing the activities occurring in the various buildings. In a matter of minutes, the famed illusionist and resident informant of the group had managed to compile a detailed list of individuals involved in the numerous operations conducted in the secret buildings along with a detailed layout of the buildings' themselves.

The grin on Aza's face when the illusionist had handed over the stack of papers had reminded everyone just how she earned her moniker..

This leads us to the current moment, with the assassin sat on the cliffside, awaiting the fireworks show that they had planned.

"Is everything set up on your end?"

After a short moment, Collonello's voice sounded through the earpiece situated in her ear, carefully hidden behind her hair. "Give me a minute, I'm working on it."

Leonora let out a grin, leaning back on her hands as she stared up at the dark sky. "This is why I keep telling you to keep up with the times and technology. That's what you get for ignoring my words."

The blonde merely scoffed back, faint rustling in the background indicating his continued work.

"Like you have any room to speak. Remind me again who was it that was so spooked and scared of a vending machine, they destroyed it?"

The assassin scowled, "That happened once."

"It still happened."

"Yeah? Well who was it that shot at a television thinking that the eagles shown on the screen was stuck inside it?"

Grumbles sounded through her earpiece interspaced with the occasional 'beeps' as the blonde man finished up at his end. "I was drunk. Besides, that was when Ana first introduced us to the television, sue me for not knowing what it was."

"You do realize the same thing applies for the vending machine incident? Minus the drunk part of course."

Collonello scoffed, though the tone of his voice indicated that the blonde was simply teasing. "You have to admit that you're reaction was too extreme compared to what I did. Anyways, I'm all set up here. Is Aurelio ready?"

"I've been waiting for the signal for ages." The silver-haired man spoke, amusement evident in his voice. "You were the last to get everything set up Collonello."

"I'm bad with technology okay?!" The blonde cried out. "Why was I stuck with this part of the mission anyways?!"

Leonora huffed, a grin pulling at her lips. "Would you rather be keeping watch of the perimeters with Verde?"

At that, the connection to Collonello's earpiece went oddly quiet as small chuckles sounded through Aurelio's end only causing the assassin to erupt into soft laughter of her own.

"Alright, alright." The silver-haired man finally spoke once Leonora's laughter died off. "Back to the plan, we should let Ana know that everything's set up."

As one, all three instinctively searched for the mental image of their bond, eyes glowing faintly in the dark.

'We're ready.'