Chapter 10 - Counterattack

"So," Leonora commented casually as she handed Reborn a thick brown file, "why am I giving you this again?"

"Because I asked for it."

"Right." The woman intoned, settling herself across the broody hitman. "Why did you ask for it again?"

"Because, obviously, I need these." Reborn replied, his tone implying that she was stupid for asking.

"What our dear lovely friend means is that," Collonello interjected before the woman could aim her stilettos towards the hitman, "why do you need them and why right now?"

For a while, Reborn didn't reply, eyes eagerly skimming through the papers. When he did, it was with a dark and dangerous glint in his eyes. "What better time than to counterattack than now? Besides it's always handy to have information on your opponent."

The only woman of the group stared at him pointedly, an eyebrow arched perfectly. "You're waging war on them? Alone? Never knew you were this impulsive."

Reborn scoffed, "Hardly. Like you aren't going to come with or without my acknowledgment."

"You got that one right." Collonello grinned, a sadistic and manic grin; one that looked so out of place given the blonde's usual happy-go-lucky demeanor. "Can't let my reputation go to waste after all."

Leonora snorted, "What reputation? The only reputation you remotely have is being the most impulsive and hot-headed Sergeant Major in both the written & non-written records."

"Who you calling hot-headed, old hag?!"

Purple eyes narrowed at the words, a visible frown on the woman's forehead. "You wanna go, blondie?!"

"Anyway," Aurelio interjected before the argument escalated into a fight, "It's pretty much clear that all of us will be participating in this. The question now is: What are we going to do?"

The three turned to look at the Chinese oriented man, all three in various degrees of surprise, with Collonello being the most obvious; his mouth opened in a large 'O' shape. However, it was Reborn who spoke, his eyes lined with curiosity and slightest bit of distrust. 

"You're coming along?"

Aurelio hummed, tipping his head back slightly in thought. "Yes, it has been too long since I did missions like these."

"Seriously?", Collonello questioned, in disbelief. "But, you don't even know Ana that well!"

"True," the silverette replied a small sly smile on his face, "but it's never too late to get to know someone. After all, she managed to get our cool-headed hitman into a state of frenzy; she's bound to be interesting."

Reborn 'tsked' in annoyance, "Don't even think about latching on to her, one stray eagle in enough, I don't need a stray fox as well."

"Don't or won't allow?" Collonello teased, a shark-like grin stretching across his mouth.

The blonde hurriedly ducked away from the shots before he cackled gleefully once more, instinctively he moved to run when the hitman was contemplating on getting up from his chair. Thankfully, Aurelio took pity on him and stepped in. "Honestly, stop acting like children and tell us your plan. We're wasting time and you need to go to Ms Anastasia's class soon lest she leave alone. Again." 

Reborn scowled but remained rooted to his seat, he skimmed over the last few papers before he handed them over to the silverette. "Make sure that you all memorize this before tonight, I'll be back after I ensure that the princess hasn't strained her healing arm."