Chapter Twenty-Eight

Song: Hurricane by The Original Broadway Cast Of Hamilton
Word count: 1531

~

~"This is the eye of the hurricane, this is the only way I can protect my legacy"~

~
"This is the eye of the hurricane,
this is the only way I can protect my legacy"
~

"His oxygen levels are low, but I'm thinking that's from the beating he took - so it's winded him, which may explain why he seems so dazed about everything." Hen called out as they hooked him up to the machines in the back of the ambulance.
"I don't want to give him any medication he may not even need - Cap what do we do in this situation?" Hen was confused on what to do, to help her colleague so of course she turned to the father of the group.

"We have the perfect solution right here... Buck! Come here we need your help with something real quick." Bobby called out, the light bulb going off in his head as he looked over at Buck who was waiting outside of the ambulance - ready to hear what the next move would be.
"What I need you to do, is talk to him okay Buck - it's obviously helping him stay grounded so talk about anything... do it for Eddie and Chris's sake, even if you don't love him anymore"

Buck nodded as he pulled himself into the ambulance, sitting by Eddie's head - running his fingers through his hair as he leant in slightly taking in a breath as he decided on what to talk about.
"Hey Ed's, your in shock and I need you to calm down okay, please just breath." Buck started, unsure of what to say, especially with all his friends around he really didn't know what to say.

"Buck, you need to try harder then that!" Bobby finally spoke.

Buck just looked up, not knowing what to say until he looked down at Eddie who was trying to focus on Buck.
"Hey, I hope you're listening to me - because have I got news to tell you. Especially when you're out of this mess, me and you... and Chris if you want him to come are going to go on a holiday, get away from all the mess that has happened. And you know what, let's get married - we love each other so much... so why don't we just do it and maybe we can start a family... I know you've always wanted another kid so maybe we could do that - maybe adopt or even just go for a surrogate... either way I would be happy id be doing it with you." Buck smiled as he thought of the plan, to this point he knew he wasn't lying.

"I...I would like t-that" Eddie managed to get out as he still tried to focus on Buck, he reached out his hand - but could only reach out a little tiny bit.

"Hey, that's it - those the eyes I fell in love with, do me a favour and keep them open so they don't need to give you any medication or anything okay, not until your in the hospital."

"But in pain..." Eddie slurs slightly, as he was really fighting to keep his eyes open.

"What's in pain bud?" Hen calls out as she looks over him from the where she was sitting.
"Try and tell me where it hurts"