pt. 13

Negan's pov

Kid, what have you done to me? (Y/n) felt calm when we were outside together. I couldn't help but just admire them as they rested on my shoulder. I haven't felt like this since. . . (Y/n) looked at me and I looked right back to where we were walking. It's like I'm a teenager again and trying to ask a cute girl to prom. They remind me so much of her, Lucille. . . Just the little ways that the two of them would act. I might not have been able to protect her but I will protect (y/n).

We walked around for a while so (y/n) could stretch they're legs. "Hey Negan." "Yeah?" "Thanks for being with me right now. I know I can be a lot to deal with, with my anxiety and all. It's just, it's just I don't know what to do. And I don't want you to feel like I'm some job you just have to take care of. I'm really sor-." "Don't you dare say that your sorry for feeling the way you do." I interrupt. They look at me slightly confused and I look straight into their eyes. "You should never have to say your sorry for that. You didn't ask to be born like that. And I will never feel like you're just some job. I'm here for you." They're eyes started to water. I wiped a tear from their eye and kissed their head. "Here just breath with me a sec." I sit (y/n) down on a crate with me and hold their hands. I start taking a deep breath in and they start breathing with me. "You apologize a lot dont you?" I joke and (y/n) looks down.  "How long have you been apologizing (y/n)?" They look up at me and then off to the left. How long had they'd been shown they need to apologize for having feelings? Without thinking I hugged the person infront of me. "It's not your fault." I whispered in their ear and felt their arms wrap around me. (Y/n) started softly sobbing as we held eachother.

I'm going to protect them for as long as I can. I'm promising them this. "Let's go back inside." I say and we get up. They hold my hand and we walk back inside and back to my room.

_______________

Next chapter will be longer!