Pt.8

Negan's POV

I caught (y/n) in my arms as she passed out. "How the hell could you have left her alone!" I shout at rick as he just stands there not saying anything. "Kid I need a place to put her." I tell Carl picking (y/n) up bridal style. We walked in and I set her up on Carl's bed with Rick staying behind. I can feel myself getting more angry but Incase she wakes up I don't want to scare her. I held her hand and sat by her side until her eyes started to flutter open.

(Y/n) shot up like a rocket looking around and squeezing my hand without realizing. "Hey, hey, kid you're fine. I'm here." Her (e/c) eyes looked into mine and she dove into my arms hugging me almost tight enough to suffocate me. I chuckle and hold her as she starts to sob. "How could he?" Her voice cracks and I hold her close. "I don't know baby, but it's going to be ok." I reassure as I pet her hair.

Reader's POV

Cuddling Negan close I feel him pet my head and I melt. I haven't been held in so long, I really need to be right now though. Tears keep falling from my eyes till Negan lifts my chin to look at him. He uses his gloves hand to while away my tears and I choke on tears. "Hey little girl, use your words, tell me all about it." Negan smiles down at me as I cuddle into his chest. After a couple of minutes he manages to help me calm down enough to talk. "I never got to meet him. . ." I admit as Negan hands me my locket. "This picture was all I had, and after the fall happened, I never thought I'd see him." I look up into Negan's face and almost break. "He didn't even look for me."

I could see hurt in his eyes as his gloved hand held my face. "You didn't flinch." He chuckles softly. I chuckle softly back at him and sit up. "I, I think I'm good now." We both get up off the bed but before Negan heads out the door I stop him. "Could I, uh, could I hold your hand?" "Of corse baby." He smiles reassuringly as we make our way out of the house. Rick was still standing in front of the porch and as I walked by the man who helped bring me into the world, everything seems to slow down. I'm happy I barely even look like him at this point.

___________

Driving home with Negan I haven't let go of his hand. "Do we really have to make our way up that trail?" "If you wanna save gas, but I think it would just be better if we drove up." I explain as we reach the head of the trail. I squeeze him hand tighter not wanting him to leave me alone.

We reach the gates of my house and Negan walks me inside. "Hey kid, you gonna be ok without me?" I look at the ground in response. "Spend the night with me. . ."