Pt.2

Waking up in my bed to the sun in my eyes I smile softly. "I'm still alive." I walk over to my closet and pick out a white floral T-shirt, green cardigan, shorts, and green high tops .

" I walk over to my closet and pick out a white floral T-shirt, green cardigan, shorts, and green high tops

After changing I walked downstairs to start my chores for the day. The walkers need fed, eggs need gathered, milk need to be collected, all before breakfast. Getting some rotting meat out of my icebox I poke it onto a long stick as usual. "K boys breakfast." I smile holding the meat in front of them. They hungrily devour the rotting meat and I wave goodbye to get my egg basket. The ducks like to lay their eggs by the bathtub because of the soft flowers I have growing around it. I take about 5 as to not upset them and bring them in. Finally time for milk. Grabbing my pitcher I walk over to where that one cow always hangs out. "Ok girl, now you know the deal. You give me milk I don't turn you into walker chow." The cow looks at me and stays still as I milk her. "Thank you." I sigh patting her head.

I put on my apron once I reach the kitchen and begin to make my breakfast. I never have to really worry about feeding the ducks they fend for themselves pretty well, same goes for the cow, I do give them berries when I find them and let them just kinda stay here so everything balances out. Sadly I couldn't get mushrooms yesterday...yesterday. I start to remember that man, Negan. He was fairly attractive, kind even though I hit him, but I'm never seeing him again. Letting out a sigh I start cracking two eggs into a bowl and whisking them up. I put a bit of homemade butter into my skillet and pour the eggs into the hot pan. Once they are cooked how I like I grab a bit of the bread I had make the night before from the left over pizza dough and place a slice into the pan to soak up the left over butter.

"Great job baby!" Grandma says as I flip the egg without popping the yolk. "Smells great (y/n)." My grandpa smiles kissing my head. "I made it with love just like grandma said!" I reply excitedly.

I smile at the memories of my childhood fade in and out. Taking the bread from the pan I go over to my couch and dig in.

___________________

After a couple of hours I decided to go back out to try and get mushrooms again. I want my shrooms! Placing some rations into my little brown back pack I grab my basket and the pocket knife I found yesterday. "Maybe I should bring something extra..." I look over at the shot gun by the door. "Oh yeah you." I sigh slightly defeated. I never really was strong enough to fight the walkers or people for that matter. I lack upper body strength and can barely run fast enough to avoid a crawler. I'm also not so good at shooting. So it's a miracle I've lived this long. But thankfully I do have skills as a natural medic from my grandma, and my grandpa always taught me how to outsmart everything.

Even the walkers stuck to the fence, I built the hooks and made sure they would stay by testing it on multiple walkers before. When I finally got it I was so happy with myself, but I didn't have anyone to celebrate with. Knocking myself out of my depressing thoughts I decide not to grab the shot gun and go to my bike. Placing my pack in the front basket I hold my mushroom basket in the crook of my arm as I ride off down the trail.

_________

Reaching the stream I hide my bike once again under a pile of branches and put my pack on. I start walking around looking for some mushrooms or more berries and hum a song my grandma and I used to sing together. It was from a movie that came out when my parents were kids called Labyrinth, about a child being taken to the land of goblins and his sister having to come save him from the goblin king. Dancing to myself I almost squeal finding some edible mushrooms. Going down to pick them I put almost all of them in my basket but decide to leave some so more would grow.

I get up and listen to nature but as I do the familiar sound of trucks comes up. "Not again, I'm not giving any of my mushrooms away." I pout hiding behind a tree once again. I hear the trucks stop and men start to get out, sighing I look around the ground and then I see them, wild strawberries! Being as quiet as I can I crouch down and use the cloth I had my bread in to separate the mushrooms and start picking. I find myself humming again as I finish putting the last strawberry in my basket and take a bike out of the bread. My smile fade however when I hear the familiar gurgling sounds of the undead. I quickly get up and see a walker starting to come my way. "Ah!" I scream out and see the creature fall to the ground it's head bashed in.

Looking I see the same man from yesterday, Negan. "I'd hurry before more come." He states as I go to find my bike. "Do I get a thank you?" Negan asks as we look. "Thank you, I'll pay you back but for now walkers." I reply moving the branches and finding the bike. "It's dangerous for you to go alone kid." "One I'm not a kid I'm (your age), two I've survived this long." I state but concern shows slightly in his eyes. "You want to pay me back? Let me come over for dinner."