𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐗

-𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 39-༄𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐫 𝐝𝐞 𝐥𝐮𝐧𝐞

-𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 39-

𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐫 𝐝𝐞 𝐥𝐮𝐧𝐞

"GONNA BE ALRIGHT FROM HERE?" ...

Y/n nodded in assurance to Avery's question, taking the duffle bag of supplies that he had carried as they made their way to the platform. Muggles rushed quickly and quietly, as it was early in the morning, and the work rush had begun.
"I'll be here, right here waiting for you once it's over." he said, pulling her into a tight embrace. y/n smiled and hugged him, a part of her began to fill with guilt, partially because Avery was taking her and not Tom, but also because she hadn't alerted Tom of her whereabouts, just told Avery to keep it simple and not talk too much if he'd gotten curious and asked him.

"I'll see you." y/n muttered with a small smile, as she began her way up the stairs of the train platform, and into the large city. It had taken her a minute to get a grip of her surroundings, but soon enough she'd figured out where the large theater was, and began to check in.

"Name?" an old lady asked monotony, not moving hergaze away from her sheet of papers.

"Oh, er, De Lune? y/n De Lune?" y/n said quickly, readjusting her grip onto her bag. The older woman paused, scanning th elist of alpahbitized names til she found the D's.

"Ah! Gotcha! Feel free to take a space in the hall to stretch or rehearse, we'll be calling shortly." the woman said. Y/n nodded gratefully, heading towards the long hall filled with muggle girls chatting and stretching. y/n placed her stuff down, examining the space as she tugged off her zip up jacket.

"Adams..." a lady, stage manager, with a clipboard announced. A ballsy redhead hopped up from her spot on a bench, pacing quickly toward the manager who held the door open with her foot.

"Lord have mercy..." the stage manager muttered, letting the door close as she walked away. y/n blinked a few times, before she leaned back, stretching her back muscles gently. her body had gotten used to the routine from the months prior of stretching, dancing, preparing, aching and repeating.

Spreading her legs, she breathed in a put to help silence her mind. her steps replayed in her mind, over and over slowly. she'd picked a black leopard with a black skirt for her piece, to match the music.

The quiet chattered was interrupted by the door quickly opening, slamming against the concrete wall, as the redhead girl sobbed loudly, grabbing her stuff and walking quickly out of the building. Y/n felt her heart sink, grabbing her slippers and beginning to lace them up.

"De L'une!" the stage manager huffed. Y/n nodded, standing and making her way to the woman.

"this way..." she directed. The stage was quiet and black, except for dim lighting on the stage, and a table in the center of a large theatre. y/n smiled softly, before beginning to walk to the center of the stage.

"Hello, Miss. De Lune." the man at the table with the glowing lamp.

"Is there anything you'd like to say about your piece before you begin?"

"Just that... it portrays the beauty and pain of being infatuated." Y/n said. The man smiled.

"The floor is yours." Y/n smiled, taking a step back, placing her left foot in front of her right, elevating onto pointe. The music started softly. Claude DeBussy's 'Clair De Lune'.

y/n uncrossed her legs, placing her right leg back, lifting it back, guiding her arms across her torso, before pulling her leg into her chest with a spin. the music hummed, as she began to cross the stage in a series of turns.
Her skirt flowed fluidly with her motions as she crossed the stage with a leap. Her pointe shoes tapped quietly, drowned out by the piano that played loudly through the theatre.

her toes tapped rhythmically, before she leaped gently once again. Her mind spun with her body as she thought of Tom.
what was going to happen if she got in?

She turned suddenly, pausing, as she began a series of pierrouets. She squeezed her eyes shut as the music slowly calmed, just as her spins did.
Gently, she took a step, then another. As the music faded, and her movements halted, the only thing that came to y/n's mind was Chandler.