Chapter 3- Are You Really Sorry?

"W-Wait!-" Kokichi panicked seeing that he was being dragged to Shuichi's room "Why here?! P-Please anywhere but this room!"

"Be quiet degenerate!" Tenko huffed, throwing Kokichi into Shuichi's old room. "Maybe you'll start to feel bad for what you did if you stay in here long enough!"

Gonta looked nervous, like he didn't really want to do this but didn't want to talk back to Tenko. Tenko was pretty scary.

"S-Seriously! Don't leave me in here!" Kokichi struggled on the floor, Tenko slamming the door behind her.

Kokichi looked around nervously, it was too quiet.

After an hour or two, he wasn't sure since he wasn't counting, he started hearing things.

He wished he could cover his ears but with his arms restrained he couldn't do that.

All he could do was lay there and hope for Shuichi's screams to go away.

He heard the nighttime announcement go off, he cried, still unable to cover his ears.

Kokichi just laid there, still unable to do anything.

It felt like torture.

It had at least been 3 hours, he was so tired, but he couldn't sleep, tormented by Shuichi's screams. He would never be able to forget.

...

...

Then the screaming stopped.

Kokichi sighed, finally able to get some rest and close his eyes.

Unable to sleep, he opened his eyes.

There was a figure in front of him.

"W-What are you doing in here? And who are you?" Kokichi said, unable to identify the figure.

He noticed blood dripping from the person, his eyes adjusted.

"S-Shuichi?!" His eyes widened, struggling to get out of the ropes, panicked.

He paused, relaxing.

"Wow... I'm hallucinating." He sighed, looking away.

There was silence between the two.

Kokichi began to feel uncomfortable being stared at, even if it was a hallucination.

Shuichi stared at him, blood dripping from his stab wounds.

Kokichi felt guilty, remembering how many times he stabbed Shuichi.

"Kokichi, why did you do that to me?" Shuichi asked

"Do what?" Kokichi looked away, it hurt to hear his voice.

"... Why did you kill me?" Shuichi looked down at him, his face barely visible, not that Kokichi wanted to see his face.

"..."

"Because I wanted to leave the killing game, obviously." Kokichi said annoyed, also uncomfortable.

"Why me?"

"I don't know!? Leave me alone!" Kokichi continued to struggle

"Kokichi, answer the question." Shuichi sighed, looking down at him struggling.

"Because you trusted me, it made you an easier target..." Kokichi shamefully admitted.

"So you took advantage of that?"

"N-No! Well..." Kokichi paused "I guess..."

"You said you cared about me, was that just another lie?"