Chapter 6- Motive

Kokichi sat up, realizing he was back in his room, and that Keebo was with him.

"Oh, you're finally awake." Keebo turned to face him.

"What, were you hoping I wouldn't wake up?" Kokichi sighed.

"I was just worried, you hit your head when you fell." Keebo said, Kokichi found it annoying how much he cared.

"Okay, and?" Kokichi glared at him, "Stop pretending you care, It's just annoying."

"I do care-" Keebo was then cut off by Kokichi.

"Ugh, whatever. I'm hungry, go get me food." Kokichi crossed his arms, annoyed that he wasn't allowed to do anything on his own.

"Right, I'll be back with the food." Keebo got up.

"Huh? Why can't I go with you?" Kokichi got up, grabbing onto Keebo's arm.

"It would be unsafe, we don't want that happening again." Keebo tried to pry Kokichi off of him.

"B-But you said you cared about me..." Kokichi fake cried, "Y-You weren't lying were you? I thought we were friends..."

"I do care about you, I just think-" Keebo tried to explain himself, only for Kokichi to fake cry more.

"Y-You're the worst friend! I can't believe you would lie to me about that!" Kokichi cried more, hoping to guilt trip Keebo into giving in.

"W-Wait! I'll let you come with me!" Keebo frantically begged.

Kokichi smiled, stopping the crying. "I smell weird, I need to take a shower."

"Of course, you shouldn't go in there covered in blood."

Kokichi went to the shower, starting to run the water. He undressed, looking at himself in the mirror. There were so many things he hated about himself. His annoying personality, all the awful things he has done, his body. He hated all those things about himself. He hated how he couldn't be happy. He hated how he had to lie to himself. He hated how he pushes everyone away. He looked at his pale skin, dragging his nails along it, he thought it looked better scarred, that maybe he deserved that pain after everything he put everyone through.

He snapped himself out of those thoughts, getting into the shower. He washed his body, watching the water turn red. He felt so lonely, like Keebo only talked to him out of pity. He wished Shuichi was still with him, he missed Shuichi so much. He just wanted to leave the killing game, but last minute realized he wouldn't be able to make it through the trial, Shuichi died for nothing. He would do anything to bring Shuichi back.

Kokichi got out, drying off and getting changed. He sighed, realizing that he didn't have his scarf because he gave it to Maki to stop Kaito's bleeding.

"Well? Let's go, Keeboy!" Kokichi innocently smiled like he wasn't just on the verge of a mental breakdown.

Keebo walked him to the dining hall, everyone looked either uncomfortable or horrified seeing Kokichi. They were probably told what had happened.

"What? You guys are acting like there's a murderer in here." Kokichi laughed, sitting down.

"Keebo, did you let him out of his room?" Kaito sighed, his arms were bandaged, which Kokichi kinda felt guilty about.

"Why are you guys being so weird about it? I'm trying to eat my breakfast." Kokichi rolled his eyes, starting to eat.

Maki put her hands around Kokichi's neck, choking him.

Kokichi nervously smiled, coughing and gasping for air. "W-What...? Are y-you mad because I hurt y-your boyfriend...?"

"Shut. Up."