Todoroki... Why so Dense?

"And so you called me here because you wanted me to theorize who Bakugou is most likely texting?" Todoroki raised an eyebrow at the four in front of them.

Mina nodded. "Yeah. Without spying on him, we could give you enough information. Just an idea."

"We're trying to invade his privacy less, not more," Sero added to the conversation.

"Okay, sure, I guess," Todoroki replied, "so what do you have?"

"1. The person is his childhood friend, known for twelve years."

"2. Bakugou hasn't seen them ubtil recently."

"3. Bakugou is called Kacchan, isn't that cute?"

"4. He wasn't so... texty until after that announcement earlier."

"That's," Todoroki scratched his neck, "a lot more information than I expected you to have."

"Are you calling us irrational?" Kaminari asked as he faked being absolutely insulted by the idea.

"Yes."

Kaminari dropped the act while Sero let out a laugh and Mina giggled.

Todoroki tilted his head. "Was it something I said?"

"Don't, don't worry about it," Kirishima said, steering the conversation away from Kaminari.

Todoroki shrugged. Okay.

"So, think we, or you, can do it?"

"Sure," Todoroki agreed as he pulled out a notebook. "What's next?"

----------
Clue 1. Childhood Friend

"Bakubro! What were you like as a tiny kid??"

"Hah? Why the fuck do you want to know that?"

"I bet he was all cute and stuff," Hagakure jumped into the conversation.

"Bakugou? Cute? He was probably a tiny demon gremlin," Jirou scoffed.

"I'll have you know that at least one person put up with me that wasn't an adult!"

"So... Bakugou had a friend in elementary school???" someone shouted and everyone was soon involved with the chaos.

So.. at least he could cross off everyone in this class right now.

(Perhaps one of the other courses. Or that kid. Then again, Midoriya didn't seem like someone who would hang out with vulgar-languaged Bakugou.)

----------
Clue 2. Bakugou hasn't seen them since recently.

Did they move? Did they fall out of touch? Perhaps. Bakugou would've seen them in Class 1b for a while if they were in Class 1b. It was too bad, that American girl Pony seemed like a good candidate.

Now, unfortunately, he couldn't exactly go around and ask people when they moved in and their connection to one Bakugou Katsuki. So, he had to theorize with this and the other clue.

Bakugou's mystery texter probably wouldn't be from Support Course, they were probably too busy and besides, Bakugou hasn't exactly been nice to them.

(Another tick mark box checked off for Midoriya Izuku.)

----------
Clue 3. Kacchan

Considering that this was probably created twelve years ago, the person must've either been fond of nicknames or couldn't say Bakugou's name and it stuck.

What Todoroki found surprising was that Bakugou let them call him by that.

So the childhood friend must be really, really special to him.

Not like it wasn't too apparent or anything.

(Todoroki could've sworn he heard it before. By who, though?)

----------
Clue 4. The texting time

According to the Bakusquad(?), Bakugou didn't text much until after Aizawa-sensei's announcement from before. Perhaps Bakugou was not excited about this and thus wanted to rant about it, rekindling their friendship once more.

...

Nah. The four said that Bakugou almost was happy about it. Perhaps the other one was the one to break it off and came back?

(Who would have the courage to do that and still be alive? Jeez, Bakugou must be very fond of this person if that was the case.)

Perhaps this person WAS the person whom Aizawa-sensei was talking about.

...

Nah, that was even more unlikely. How would Bakugou's friend somehow have access to the cameras, be allowed to do so, and from that information,  guess who it was?

Very unlikely.

Unless the person who he was texting told him so!! Argh, so many possibilities!

Todoroki frowned. He hadn't had gotten any important clues nor theories within four days. And now that the Provisional Hero License Exam was coming up, he probably wouldn't think about it for a while and possibly forget! At least he had his journal, full of crossed out names and quickly jotted notes. This way, he wouldn't lose all his progress.

In any case, Todoroki thought as he sat down into his seat, posture almost rivaling Iida's, he would have to put this mission on hold.

As classmates trickled in, Todoroki could overhear snippets of their conversation, from mundane topics to the new transfer student.

Oh, right. They were coming in today.

For once this week, Bakugou was staring intently at the door. Was he having an epiphany? About what? Todoroki mentally shrugged. He could never figure out Bakugou's inner workings completely.

The door slid open and the class became silent as they watched in rapt attention as their teacher walked in with slumped shoulders, a bit more angled than they usually would be. A boy followed behind him and Todoroki's mind came to a halt.

"Class, this is Aizawa Izuku. He will be one of you today, please treat him with courtesy and the like."

"He's your son?"

"Midoriya??"

"I'm so confused..."

Oh. OH.

So maybe Bakugou was friends with Midoriya, no, Aizawa Izuku after all.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I'm getting back into the swing of writing, sorry for the short chapter.