~ 25 ~

After their first night spent together, days turned to weeks and weeks soon became months. Over the course of six months, Bokuto had engaged in a lot of new things for the first time. 

He went on his first date which was his first time to enter an aquarium. It was the first time he had seen a shark up close, for the majority of the day his face was pressed against different aquarium tanks as he tried his best to spot all the different fish and aquatic creatures. They saved money on not requiring a tour guide as Kuroo seemed to know every fact there was about different fish species and sharks.

Kenma for the most part trailed behind the other two, taking pictures on his phone and listening to Kuroo’s mini presentations that he had heard countless times. Kenma of course was the one chosen to engage in the seals activity, he wanted to refuse but he saw how excited Bokuto looked at Kenma being picked and so, the antisocial gamer boy had to stand on a stage in front of strangers engaging with the slimy creatures. Yet, when he looked back in the stands and saw Bokuto’s smile it was all worth it. 

Bokuto had his first kiss, it was as they were leaving the aquarium, it was Kenma who nervously asked if he could give the other a kiss. Bokuto was nervous, he felt as if acid was crawling down his throat and drying it up, stopping him from answering but miraculously he managed a nod. A kiss wasn’t as he had expected it to be, it wasn’t excessive or ‘like fireworks’, it instead just felt right. There was no ginormous chemical reaction in his brain that made his head spin, but rather he felt a sense of peace and comfort whilst in the others embrace. 

Of course after Kenma had successfully stolen a kiss, it left Kuroo sulking until Bokuto offered the other one. Kissing Kenma was like watching cherry blossom petals fall in the springtime. It was sweet and gentle, calm and collected. Kuroo was like an autumn breeze, it was tingling and awe inspiring, he tasted faintly of orange chapstick and the warmth that bit at Bokuto’s cheeks reminded him of how the autumn winds nip and bite at any exposed flesh. 

They fell into a routine of Bokuto stopping over at the Kozume residence Friday night through to Tuesday morning. Daichi started giving Bokuto more weekends off of work (all thanks to kenma ringing and harassing him), this lead to Bokuto sleeping in on the weekends for the first time since he could remember. It lead to him comfortably laying in a guest room in a house that had never felt more like home. 

However, January brought a new year with new resolutions and Bokuto was determined to start his year right - afterall he felt atop the world. Untouchable. It took a full four weeks, the entirety of January almost, to gain the courage required but he asked to share the bed with the pair for the first time. He was a nervous blushing mess, his cheeks seemed to be a permanent tint of pink/red in the presence of the pair. He constantly looked as if he had entered a warm room when escaping the bite of winter. Although he thought he sounded ‘brave’ and ‘confident’ when asking to cuddle with the pair it was quite the contrast in reality. 

In Bokuto’s mind he had asked like Gaston would ask Belle. He had stood tall with his shoulders back, he looked good and held himself like any normal person would. If asked he would tell you, word for word, this is what he said, “It’s a little cold this evening, perhaps we should all lay together to conserve heat.” It was a terrible pick up line but also the perfect disguise.

In reality it looked a lot more like this: Bokuto five minutes prior had gone to the guest room where he pep-talked at himself in the mirror for a solid three of those minutes. When he finally could leave the room without having a meltdown, he ended up kicking open the door to the pair's room, the door clattered against the wall with a bang causing both Kuroo and Kenma to startle. In his owl onesie he stood in the doorway in almost silence for the longest five seconds of the trio’s life.