3

Delta's POV

Casey flops onto my bed. "Ok, start talking." So I did, I explained how I was feeling restless that morning and decided to go on a run. Then catching his scent, then my run-in with the bad guys, and then meeting him. When I'm finished Casey is laughing so hard she's crying.

"Oh. My. Gosh. That is hilarious! I can't believe you told them you went into the Alley to pee!" She doubles over laughing again. I cross my arms.

"I didn't mean to! I was panicking." I whine. Casey tries to compose herself but fails. Athena starts snickering in my head.

Not you too! I say.

Sorry, but when you continued by saying you didn't see any shops? Hilarious.

"Great now you're both laughing at me," I grumble. Suddenly I remember the bodies. I groan, "my mate's never going to come back now!" Casey looks at me.

"Technically what you did was self-defense. Also from what you told me they were jerks so..."

"Yeah, I guess you're right. Humans stink anyway."

Except our mate, Athena says.

Except our mate, I agree.

"I guess we should go to bed. It's late and we have to get the pack ready for tomorrow." Casey nods, we say goodnight, and Casey heads off to her room. I get ready for bed and then try to get some sleep. It wasn't easy though. Now that we've found our mate Athena and I were restless, we should be near him. Finally, after what feels like hours I feel myself drifting off to sleep.

***

The next morning I got up and took a shower. I sling on a light blue knee-length dress and then head into the kitchen for a quick breakfast. Today was going to be a busy day. Casey? I mind link.

Yeah?

Is everyone waiting in the Grand Hall?

Yup. Now they're just waiting for you and Uncle.

Alright, we're on our way. I head to my uncle's room. I knock,

"Uncle? Are you ready?" I hear grumbling and then the door swings open. "Good Morning," I say. Uncle looks at me.

"Aren't you a little too chirpy for a pack meeting so early in the morning? No one normal get's up at 8:30 am." I just laugh and tuck my hand into the crook of his arm.

"Come one, they're waiting for us." He grumbles again but he's smiling. When we enter Casey comes up to me.

"Alpha, they're ready." I nod and the three of us make our way to the stage. I step up to the mic.

"Good morning everyone."

"Good morning Alpha." They respond.

"As some of you may have heard, I've found my mate." I paused while people whooped and cheered. When it stopped I continued, "he will be coming back this afternoon and I want everything to look perfect then tonight there will be a bonfire where you can meet him." Everyone cheered again. I stepped away from the mic and everyone dispersed. I rushed back to the house. Everything had to be perfect for when he arrived. I walked around the house making sure everything was in tip-top shape.

Before I knew it Casey was here, meaning it was time for us to go greet Eric. As we walked downstairs we talked about what food should be at the bonfire. Suddenly Casey stiffened and her eyes went black. We both turned and Eric was standing in front of us. I growled at Casey.