11

Eric's POV

Searing pain seeps through my bones. The once peaceful darkness is now a void of endless pain. The pain-filled flames made their way up my body towards my heart. The sound of cracking bones filled the silent void. Unable to make a sound my mouth was open in a silent scream.

***

Delta's POV

"Hello, I'm Naja." Taking her hand, I studied her. She was around my height, dark brown hair, dark brown, almost black eyes. She had a scar running from her right eye down her cheek ending at her jaw.

"I'm Delta." I greeted, smiling, "please come in." As we walked towards the office I caught her scent. She smelled like a werewolf. Maybe her mate is human?

"Please, have a seat," I said, gesturing to a chair.

"So my mate said you had some questions about having a human mate?"

"Yeah," I said sitting down, "is your mate human?" Naja smiles,

"No, I was." My eyes widen,

"Was?" She nods,

"We figured out a way to turn humans." My nails dig into the chair.

"Really? How?" I asked, nervous.

"You inject a liter of werewolf blood into the human's bloodstream. It takes about an hour to two hours for the human to fully change."

"Are there any bad side effects?" I ask nervously. She shrugs,

"Not that we know of. The only bad thing is that it's extremely painful. Do you remember how painful it was to shift for the first time? Well, it's about five times worse." My eyes widened.

"Are there any less painful ways to change?" Naja looks at me weird.

"Your bones break and rearrange, why wouldn't it be painful?"

"I guess you're right, I just don't want to cause my mate more pain than I have to. Him being a werewolf would make him a lot safer and he could help me protect the pack better as well. Does the blood have to be a certain wolf's blood?"

"No, but since Eric's your mate and Alpha he should probably be given Alpha blood, but not yours."

"My uncle was Alpha before me, I could ask him to donate some of his," I suggested, Naja, smiles.

"Yep, that would work." I stood up,

"For my beta's mate would we have to use beta blood?" She shakes her head,

"No, regular werewolf blood would be fine, but not his mates blood." I stick out my hand for her to shake.

"Thank you for your help."

"You're welcome." She says, shaking my hand.

***

After waving Naja and her mate off I turned to Uncle. "Did Naja's mate tell you anything about human mates?" Uncle shakes his head,

"No, we mostly went over pack issues."

"Alright, well Naja told me they found a way to change humans. They need to get a liter of water of werewolf blood injected into their bloodstream. Since Eric is my mate and Alpha she said it would be best if he were injected with Alpha blood, but it can't be mine. For Dan, it can be plain werewolf blood as long as it's not Casey's." Uncle nods,

"Alright we'll use mine for Eric's and we'll ask the gamma to donate some for Dan."

***

As Uncle makes his way to the hospital I find Dan in the kitchen. "Hey Dan, we found a way to change you and Eric." Dan grins,

"Really!? When can we change?"

"Right now, the only problem is that it'll be extremely painful. Are you sure you want to do it?" Dan nods, "Casey won't be able to be with you at the beginning. If we see who caused our mates harm we will attack them so it's best if we're gone while you and Eric get injected. We'll come back once you've both received the blood." Dan nodded again, "Alright, make your way to the hospital Casey will find you soon."

Next, I link the gamma. Please head to the hospital we need you.

Yes, Alpha.

Walking away I link Casey, where are you?

Training field.

Making my way over there, I spot her resting under one of the trees. "Hey, we found a way to change them." After explaining the plan we decided to head to town to distract ourselves.

__________________________________________________________

Thank you for reading!

What do you think the name Naja means?

Please comment, vote, share and follow!