4

Eric's POV

I looked over and saw Delta staring at me. I smiled, she blushed and smiled back. Suddenly she stopped smiling, her eyes glazed over. Her eyes cleared and she quickly came over to me.

"Go with the rest of the pack and get somewhere safe. I'll be back." Then she turned and ran. While she ran I saw her shift back into that beautiful black wolf. I quickly found Dan in the crowd that was steadily walking towards the library.

"Do you know what's going on?" I asked Dan.

"I was about to ask you the same thing. Did Delta not tell you anything?" I shake my head.

"No, she just told me to follow the rest of the pack and get somewhere safe. Did Casey say anything?" Dan shrugged.

"Not really, she said we were getting attacked and that you and I needed to get somewhere safe." My eyes widened.

"You mean Casey and Delta are in danger?!" I turned and started jogging in the opposite direction. Dan ran to catch up with me.

"Where are you going?"

"To help them, duh." Dan ran in front of me, blocking me.

"They told us to stay. Don't you think that means they got this and we should, I don't know, stay?"

"No, I'm going to help." I walked around him and started jogging again. Dan sighed and ran to catch up.

"You're going to get us killed, you know that?"

"Yup!" I stopped, "do you hear that? It sounds like...snarling?" Dan cocked his head.

"Yeah..." We looked at each other and then jogged towards the sound. Then we stopped. At the edge of the woods were about 90 werewolves fighting.

"Maybe this wasn't such a good idea," I say, starting to back up.

"Ya think?" Dan asks, also backing up. I'm about to turn and run away when I see a wolf attack a familiar black wolf. Delta!

I grab my knife and charge towards the wolf stabbing its back leg. It lets out a yelp and lets go of Delta. Delta quickly snaps his neck and then looks at me. Her face says it all, get out of here now. I'm about to when I feel a huge pain in my arm. A wolf had clamped its mouth down on my right arm. I screamed in pain. Delta lunges and swiftly kills the wolf. She pushes me to the ground and nudges me towards a tree. I crawl as best I can and then lean against it, my vision blurring. With our backs guarded by the tree, Delta turns and guards me. Killing any wolf that comes close. I see Delta attack a grey wolf before everything goes dark.

***

I wake up to an annoying beeping and whispers. I groan, I feel a hand on my arm accompanied by familiar sparks. I smile, Delta! I slowly open my eyes and sure enough, Delta is sitting by the bed with her hand on my arm.

"What happened? Also what time is it?" I ask, the sun was shining and even though the events from last night were hazy I'm pretty sure it happened during the night/evening.

"During the bonfire, we were attacked by rogues, werewolves who don't belong to a pack." She explained seeing my confused face. "I told you to get somewhere safe, you obviously didn't listen." She continues glaring at me. "When you saw me getting attacked you attacked the other wolf with a silver knife, thanks by the way. Then another wolf, their mate I think bit your arm and broke it. You started bleeding out, fast and then you fainted. By the time the battle was over, we won obviously, you were really cold and had lost a lot of blood so we took you to the hospital. They've fixed your broken bone and given you some blood to make up for the blood you lost and you should be able to leave this afternoon. Oh, and it's noon." I sat up (too fast, I saw dots).