12

Delta's POV

"Remember--remember!" Casey was laughing so hard she couldn't complete her sentence. I chuckled as I sipped on my drink. For the past half hour, we've been retelling funny memories.

"Remember what Casey, come on you can do it," I said grinning, suddenly a sharp pain entered my ribs. "Ooh" I moaned, sucking in a sharp breath.

"What is it? What's wrong?" Casey asked worriedly.

"I think-" I winced as another sharp pain entered my leg, "-they've finished injecting our mates. Mine at least." I groaned as another sharp pain came to another one of my ribs. Casey lets out a sharp yelp as she also doubles over in pain.

"I think you're right!" She groans, "lets go."

Shifting we run through the woods towards our pack hospital as fast as we can. Parting ways as we arrive I hurry into Eric's room.

Eric's pale sweat covered face was screwed up in pain. He still wasn't conscious. Athena growled.

They hurt mate!

Blocking her out I reached across the bed and grabbed Eric's hand.

Eric's POV

What is happening?! Every part of me feels like it's on fire. Breaking, melting, burning, all of it.

Eric? My heart leaps in my chest.

Delta? Is that you? A comfortable warmth starts to spread through my body. The excruciating pain in my bones subsided to a steady throbbing.

Yeah, listen, you're going to be okay. We figured out a way for you to become a werewolf.

Really?! I asked, excited.

Yup, the only problem is while you get your wolf and shift for the first time you're going to be in pain for the next hour or so. Her voice started to drift away. I panicked,

Delta!?!

Right here. The comfort of your mate will help the pain subside some. Don't worry I'll stay by your side until you wake up, okay?

Okay, I replied relieved.

***

Eric...Eric, wake up. My eyes shot open at the unfamiliar voice.

Who is it? Who's there?

I'm your wolf, Oscar.

Really? I'm a wolf now? Oscar chuckled,

Look at yourself and you tell me. I looked down and saw furry paws where my hands should be.

Wow!

Yes wow, now, where's our mate? I can smell her but she's not in the room.

She probably had to use the bathroom or something, she'll be back in a minute. Sure enough, as soon as I had finished reassuring Oscar Delta walked into the room bringing in a wonderful scent.

Mate! Oscar leapt up off the bed and ran over to her. Rubbing himself over her legs, arms and stomach. Once he was done he stepped back and let me take control again. Slowly Delta blinked out of her shocked state.

"Erice! You're awake! How are you feeling? Better yet, can you shift back?" I stared at her, can I shift back? Of course not, I have no idea how! "Right! Of course, you can't! Why would you know how? Okay, close your eyes, imagine what you look like as a human. You eyes, hair, arms, legs, etc." Closing my eyes, I think about my reflection in a mirror. I open my eyes when I hear a gasp. Suddenly I'm surrounded by darkness as a blanket gets chucked at my face.

"Owww!" I protested, taking it off my head I wrapped it around my body. "So am I a werewolf now? Just like that?" I asked Delta in disbelief.

"Yup, but you're weaker than a warriour, you'll need some more training."

"Cool, can we go see Dan and Casey?" Delta smiled,

"Sure just put these clothes on first, I'll wait outside okay?" Nodding I got up grabbing the clothes and headed towards the bathroom. Slinging on the shorts and t-shirt I quickly made my way out of the room.

"Let's go! I want to see Dans wolf!" Laughing Delta leads me towards a different room.

The door swings open as soon as we arrive. "Are you a werewolf now too!?" Dan asks excited,

"Oh Yeah! Can I see your wolf!? I asked excited, jumping up a little.

"Yup, you have to show me yours as well. On three!"

"One..."

"Two..."

"THREE!" We both shift staring at each other. Wow! His wolf was cool! His wolf was white a grey with pale blue/brown eyes. Dan bows down, his wagging tail stuck in the air. I respond bowing also. As soon as my chest touches the ground Dan lunges at me, growling playfully. Growling we tumble around on the hospital room floor.

"Hey! Guys!" Delta calls, laughing. "Calm down a bit!" Casey laughs watching us,

"Awww, but they're so cute!" Dan and I growl, we're not cute! We're fierce! "By the way, Delta, Dan and I have some news!" My ears perk up,

"Really?" Delta raises an eyebrow, "what new would that be." Casey shuffles a bit, sensing her nervousness Dan pads over to her. Stroking his head Casey grins.

"Dan and I are getting married!" Delta's jaw drops as I let out a bark of shock.

__________________________________________________________

Thanks for reading!

The name Naja means strong.

What do you think the name Oscar means?

Please comment, vote, share and follow!