Ch. Seven

Maia felt sick at the thought of a body that had been found. And how they thought it was her sister. Maia had no idea what was going on with her sister. She knew she just wanted to find and bring her home.

She knew Kim had gone off to identify the body that they had found. Maia knew that it felt as if it wasn't Alyssa. But she was scared.

Maia looked up as Lexie walked in. She looked at her and smiled. "Mummy. Is Lyly dead?" Lexie asked.

Maia looked at her and frowned. "Of course not. Why would you say that?" She asked.

"That bad man said she was. And dats she wonts be far off," Lexie said.

Maia picked her up and smiled. She sat her on the countertop and handed her some chocolate. She grinned. "I know that Aubrey Alyssa isn't dead. I can feel it. But you ignore him. Okay?" Maia said.

Lexie nodded. Maia looked up as the front door opened. She picked up Lexie and walked to the door.  She looked at Kim. "Well?" She asked.

Kim sighed as she looked at her daughter. "It wasn't her," she said.

Maia sighed in relief and kissed the top of Lexie's head. "Go play Bub."

****

Maia walked into the office. She looked to Graham and glared. "Do you want to tell me what the hell you're playing at?!  Telling Lexie that Alyssa is dead?! She's not dead. And Lexie is three! You don't say that to a three year old!" She all but yelled.

"How would I know? You cut me out," Graham said as he looked at her.

Maia rolled her eyes as she looked at him. "Oh please. Don't act like this is about you. You don't even want to be her father. You would know. You think I'm going to let you be her father after what you just said to her," Maia told him.

Graham smirked as he looked at her. "I've contacted a lawyer. And he thinks I have a case. So if you don't let me see Lexie, I will go through a lawyer and fight you," Graham said.

Maia looked at him and rolled her eyes. "Try it. Do you really think I'm going to let an alcoholic who got his pregnant wife killed near my daughter? You used my mother who was vulnerable about Alyssa. And I know she's my mother. But you used her. And if you want a fight, bring it on. Because I won't back down," Maia told him as they held a look before she walked off. Knowing she wasn't going to let him near Lexie.

****

Maia frowned as she heard a knock at the door. She looked to see it was late. She stood up and walked to the door. She opened it and frowned as she saw Alyssa. "Alyssa... what happened?" Maia asked as she saw the state her sister was in.

Alyssa didn't say anything as she walked inside. She walked upstairs to her room. Maia frowned to herself as she looked to her sister as she looked at her.

Asking herself just what had happened to Alyssa. And why was she suddenly home?