Ch. Four

Maia was worried. She knew that something had happened to her Alyssa. She didn't know what it was and it was only making her more worried.

She stood in the kitchen and sighed. Alyssa had been back a few days and she wouldn't speak. She wouldn't admit what was going on with her.

Maia knew it wasn't like Alyssa to be so secretive and cut off. Maia knew that she needed to find out what was going on. Maia looked up as Graham walked into the room.

Maia sighed knowing that he was the last person she wanted to deal with. She wasn't in the mood. "Look, whatever it is Graham, can you not? Especially over you thinking that you're Lexie's dad," she said as she rubbed her forehead.

"I don't think Maia. I know. It adds up," he said.

Maia rolled her eyes. "You act like you're the only one I was having sex with. This isn't important right now. I need to find out what's going on with Alyssa," she said as she downed her coffee.

Graham looked at her and sighed. "We need to talk over that. She can't stay here. Social services will be looking for her."

"I don't care. She is my sister. I'm not kicking her out back there. Something happened to her and my mum will be out soon. Besides, it's not your say," she told him.

****
Maia walked into the living room. She saw Lexie who was playing with her dolls. She looked up and grinned. "Ly Ly?" She asked using the nickname for Alyssa.

"I don't know where she is baby. But she is going to be okay. I promise," Maia told her. She ran a hand through her hair.

Maia didn't know what to do. She needed her mums help. Kim always knew what to do. She knew that Alyssa needed her mum. She wanted Kim. But Kim wasn't there. And she didn't know how to help. Especially when Alyssa wasn't talking.

****

Graham walked into the room and smiled. "I don't know what to do. So you can drop this. I don't know where Alyssa is," Maia said.

Graham smiled. "She's probably trying to see your mum. Look, I know that I am Lexie's father. So do you. I know you're scared that I will let you both down. But I won't," he said as he walked over and placed a hand on her cheek.

Maia sighed and nodded. "She's yours."

Graham looked at her and smiled. "We will find Alyssa. We will find out what happened. I promise," he said.

****

Maia stood in the kitchen. She sighed as she hung up the phone. It had been three days and they couldn't find Alyssa. Maia knew she couldn't call the police as Alyssa had ran away from her care home.

Maia walked through the house and ran her hands through her hair as Graham walked in. He looked to her and smiled. "I'm sorry. Nothing," he said.

Maia sighed to herself. Graham walked over to her and smiled. "We will find her. I promise," he said as he placed a hand on her cheek.

The door to Home Farm opened as Kim walked in. "What the hell is going on?" Kim asked.

"Mum? What are you doing here?"

"I hear my daughter is missing. And I'm home. For good," Kim said.

Maia frowned. She had no idea the trouble her mother was about to cause her.