Ch.Eight

Maia sat in the kitchen with Lexie. She was worried about Alyssa and what happened. She knew that something had happened. She she knew that she was worried about her sister.

"Mummy is LyLy okay?" Lexie asked as she ate her cereal. 

Maia looked to her. She smiled. "She's okay. She is just going through a hard time. Let Granny look after her okay?"

Lexie nodded and giggled. "No one hurt her?" She asked as Maia stroked her hair and smiled.

She knew how much that Lexie adored Alyssa. She knew that her daughter had a big heart. "She's going to be okay," Maia said as Graham walked into the room.

Maia looked to him and glared. Graham sighed. "Can we talk?" he asked as he looked to Lexie sitting there.

Maia looked to him and glared. "I don't think we have anything to say. Look, you are here as your my mothers Ken doll bodyguard. But that's it. Stay away from me and my daughter," she spat as she picked up Lexie.

"I have rights."

"No. You don't," Maia spat as she stood up and walked off with Lexie.

Lexie looked to her mummy. "He a bad man?" She asked as she laid her head on her shoulder.

Maia sighed. "He's not bad. Hut he upsets people baby," she said knowing this wasn't something she couldn't explain to Lexie.

****

Maia walked into Kim's office. She looked to her. "What's going on with Alyssa. Is she okay?" Maia asked.

Kim sighed. "No. I think she is on drugs. We had a fight. The way she is acting. I am going to take her to the hospital later. Can you just keep an eye on her until I get home?"

"I have to pick up Lexie from nursery at half three. Will she be okay until four when you finish?" Maia asked as she looked to her mum.

Kim looked to her and sighed. "She'll have to be. You know who is responsible for this. Her scum bag of a boyfriend. Ross Barton. I should shop him for dealing to her. But we aren't exactly perfect are we?"

Maia sighed.  "We aren't. But we don't deal with drugs. This is Alyssa health. Your daughter. We can't ignore it can we? I get she might hate you. But we have to do what is best for her mum. You know it," she told her.

Kim looked to her oldest daughter and sighed. "I know. It's just complicated right now," Kim said.

She knew that she wasn't a snitch. But she knew that this was her daughters health that she was talking about.

****

Maia sat in the car with Lexie as she picked her up from nursery ad she saw that Kim was calling her. "Mum? Is everything okay?" She asked.

"It's your sister" Kim said as she paled.

She felt sick. She could tell by Kim's tone of voice that there was something wrong.

"What is it. What happened?" Maia asked fearing the worse and feeling sick at the thought of it.

"I'm Im at the hospital. She overdosed. She might not make it," Kim sobbed as maia felt her heart break.

But would Alyssa be okay?