Ch. Ten

Maia sat in the kitchen. She was stressed. She was worried about her sister and she was scared about Graham. She knew how he was trying to Lexie from her.

She knew how he was her father. But Maia knew how he didn't have rights. She knew how she had kept this to herself. To protect her daughter and herself.

Maia knew that things weren't easy. She knew how Graham wasn't on the birth certificate. But she knew that she wasn't going to let him take her daughter from her. Not when he was a drunk.

She knew how he had been the reason between his wife and unborn daughter death because of his drinking.

Maia looked to see Lexie as she walked into the room. She smiled.  "Hi baby. Are you okay?" Maia asked as her pulled her little girl onto her knee. She smiled as she kissed the top of her head.

"Lyly sick?" She asked.

Maia nodded. "Auntie Alyssa is sick. But she is in hospital. And she is in the best place. She is going to be okay baby. I promise," she said as Lexie smiled.

Lexie rested her head into her chest as Maia wrapped her arm around her and held her close.

Lexie was her world. And Maia knew how it wasn't easy to be a mum. But she wanted to protect her. And she wasn't going to let Graham try and take her little girl away.

Maia knew how she'd do anything to protect her. Even if it meant going to certain lengths.

****

Maia got to the hospital as she saw Kim. She smiled as she walked over to her. "How is she? Is there any change?"

"No. But they are going to try and bring her out of the coma later. They don't know what, or if there is any damage to her or her organs. Not until they do," Kim said as maia looked to her and smiled.

She could see how scared that her mum was. And she was also worried for her sister. She had no idea just what her sister had got involved in and she felt bad.

Alyssa was her little sister. And she knew how she just want for everything to be okay.

"She'll be okay mum. Alyssa is a fighter. And she will be okay" Maia said. Kim looked to her and smiled.

Maia knew that she just wanted her sister to be okay.

****

Maia got back to home farm. She sighed as she saw Graham. She looked to him and sighed.  "Look  whatever it I don't want to argue. Look if you want to be a father so much then prove it. But you are not taking her away from me. We have been through a lot and I am her mother," she told him. 

Maia knew that she'd do anything for Lexie. She wouldn't let anyone hurt her daughter.

Graham looked to her and nodded. "You're right. I'm sorry. She deserves better than me," he said as she smiled.

Maia couldn't help but feel suspicious. But was this yet another one of Graham's games?