Home Sweet Hell

I step off the bus. So this is it? I make my way down the dirt path till im greeted by my old memory which had become run down and falling apart. As much as i really wanted to fix this place up like on a tv show i know full well this is going to take a lot of work. The only issue is that I don't know how to work. All I've ever done is sat at a screen for 12 hours a day and sometimes had a short snappy conversation with my boss. Just then i feel a hand on my shoulder.

"Hi I'm Robin! It's finally nice to meet you. I am the town's local carpenter. Everyone's been talking about you. Glad to see that you've finally turned up!"

Alright then..

"I'm Natalie. I'm new to all this. Could i maybe have a little help fixing up the house" I respond

Soon we are banging nails into walls and all sorts of other things. Got to admit i found it very hard to achieve. I got frustrated a couple of times and nearly gave up but that isn't really a good impression is it.

"In a relationship?" She asks after being in dead silence for a couple of hours

"Just got out of one. Love isn't really my thing" i give a weak smile. Now that i think about it i really miss Evan. Although he treated me moving badly i still love him. He was still there for me and treated me well but maybe me moving was a sign that i need to move on from much more than where i physically live.

"Well there's loads of ready to go singles who would love a farm girl like you" she proceeds to wink.

I thought for a second. Does it really matter if i get into a relationship? Is it really worth it? Will i be able to have time for it?

"Even if u don't seem interested come down to the saloon later tonight. Most of them hang ou there" she carried on as she packed up her tools.

Maybe she's right. Well I don't know. She could be. I need to meet new people anyways so might aswell. "I'll see" I finally give a response.

Soon after she's on her way trotting down the path. Strange. I sit outside my house and stare into the vast nothingness. I can't fall in love anymore. It's a waste of my time. Besides everyones already got their special people who they have feelings for already. I didn't want to become some sort of home wrecker. That just seems horrible and a really bad start for me in this new town. I still need to be part of the community though. I will never fall in love