A Letter?

BANG

What a lovely wake up call. Can tell I am in the country side. It was probably just a bird that flew into my window. It used to happen a lot back in Zuzu City. After a while I get out of bed. The crops aren't going to plant themselves. Lazily I start to get dressed. Most of my stuff that had been transferred in a moving van is all in its boxes. Emily is coming over later to help me unpack later. I grab my boots from the corner of my room and put them on still half asleep. Eventually I leave and check my mailbox. Same old stuff about events coming up and favours people are asking apart from a letter at the bottom addressed Nat. I carefully open it and read the note inside.

"To Nat

Thanks for the beer I guess

Shane."

He sent me a letter? Doesn't seem necessary but its still nice that people appreaciate me sometimes. I stuff the note in my back pocket to throw away later.

I open up a chest and pull out some seeds and start sowing them. Its only some Parsnips that Lewis got for me and some green beans I was able to buy with the 350g I had left in my wallet. I pull out my watering can and start dousing the crops. Soon after I hear shouts from the distance as a small figure with ocean blue hair in a blood red dress comes dashing over to me.

"NATALIE PORTER" she shouts.

How does she already know my last name? I give a smile as she comes closer and closer.

"Can you explain why I just saw Shane walking away from the farm?!" She looks so excited for next to no reason.

"He put a letter in my mailbox thanking me for getting him a drink last night. Nothing special" I respond as her eyes light up further. Brilliant. She thinks I have a thing for him. I barely know him. We go inside and start to unpack boxes as Emily goes on about the blossoming of love. Ill believe what she says when she finally makes a move on Clint. As I move one box to another room a framed photo if me and Evan falls out which Emily picks up.

"Whose this then?" she asks " A old flame?"

"Yeah that's Evan. I kinda miss him" I reply. In truth I do. we dated for over five years after meeting at work. He was apparently planning to ask me to marry him. I thought that me and him would both be working for joja happily married with kids but here we are. Hes left me and I cant get him back. Hes blocked contact with me and I bet he has already moved on.

"Hes why I don't want a new relationship. I miss him and nobody can love me like he did. Now im nothing without him" I carry on

Emily looks like she is about to explode. Either she is about to kill me for talking bad about myself or kill Evan for dumping me. Either way its going to be funny to see how this goes down.

"You need to move on! The egg festival is coming up! I need to dress you up and make you look fabulous. Maybe a certain bachelor will give you a looking." She bursts out into laughter

Dead funny.

I stopped and thought for a second. Should I move on? Its not like Evan cares anyway. Maybe ill see what my options are after all. Its not like its going to have a affect.

"Fine ill allow it-" before I could even finish Emily was out the door running home to sort me out a dress. I laugh a little. Its nice to have a friend like her.

(hi a little note from me. This is my first story that I have written so its not the best but I am trying my hardest to make it good for people to enjoy reading. This is about the oc eventually getting with Shane and all that but not all of it will be solely based around them. Some of it will be friendship's with other characters and typical things players do in stardew. I will try my best to equal it out though. Thanks for reading)