• Tea •

"Thank you Mr. Darcy," Mother thanked our personal driver.

He was older than my grandmother, I couldn't help but feel sorry for him. Obviously my parents will never hire a new chauffeur until he ends up in a casket, underground.

We both hopped out of the car and that was when my Mother started the daily lecture.

"Amanda I am very disappointed in you, you didn't have to go be rude to my friends," she said angrily.

Mother always cared about her reputation more than her own daughter.

"I'm sorry Mother," I mumbled.

"Whatever you say Amanda, just never do that again," she growled.

I hung my head low and stared at my White 'Converse'. I was wearing a bright Green dress with bright Pink Roses scattered all over that ended right below my knees. The long Yellow Granny Cardigan hung on my sholders over my dress hiding my breasts and arms.

We walked up to my big white house and my Mother opened the massive door to my prison. Chandeliers hung proudly on the roof, over priced paintings were hung carefully on the walls, mellow colors from the rugs filled the white tiles on the floor through tge hallway and large doors are positioned accross the hallway.

"I'll get Jane to summon you when tea is ready," my Mother said as she walked to my fathers study.

I walked through the long halls and walked up the mountain of stairs. I soon reached my room and I went inside. I tossed my purse on my King sized bed and I opened my large windows to let a beautiful Autumn breeze through my room.

I looked at the neighbors house that was only 10 meters apart from mine. There was a window that was the exact same size as mine that was directly accross from me. The curtain was always closed, they have never been opened before.

At some points there was music booming. Some of it was only contained by the thin glass and I would hear some catchy songs. I don't know what lies behind those black curtains, but someday I'll find out.

I near a knock on my door and a familiar woman speak.

"Your meal is ready Miss Smith," Jane said warmly.

I nodded and followed her to the dining room. Mother and Father were sitting at the dining table leaving there food untouched. I sat down next to Father, across from Mother.

"Alrighty, lets eat," Father announced.

The plate was filled with our Sunday special, Meatloaf with steamed vegetables. I would just at least like one piece of Pizza at least. But no, I have to choak down the same old boring food I have been eating for nearly 17 years.

"So, how was the party Helen?" Father asked Mother as he took a bite from a seemed Carrot.

"Good," she awnsered blankly.

"What about you Pumpkin?"

I cringed when he called me Pumpkin. For fuck sake, I'm nearly an adult.

"Good," I mimicked Mother.

He nodded and carried on eating.

The whole twenty minutes of eating, there was a painful silence between all of us. I only eaten half of my meal by the time Jane took our plates. I thanked her as she picked up my plate.

A basic slice of Apple Pie was placed in front of me and we continued eating dessert.

"Amanda, I hear from your Math Teacher that you're starting to slide from an A+ to an B Average," Father said with his voice stern.

I sat there quietly as I picked and poked my pie. I feel both of my parents eyes burning me as they started at me disapprovingly.

"Well?" He started to raised his voice.

"S-Sorry," I muttered.

"Enough with the sorrys!" Mother yelled.

I nodded and kept looking at my plate.

My Father sighed and looked at his food.

"You are dismissed Amanda," he whispered.

I shot up from my chair and rushed to my room. I hear the muffled mutters of my parents as I walk away. They were clearly talking about me.

Tears were rolling down my cheaks and I dived onto my bed and buried my head in the pillow. I cried softly into the soft Pink slik pillow.

I hated my parents being angry at me. I was always 'Daddys Little Angel'. But to be honest, I have always hated it.