thirtyfour

Yoongi woke up to the soft rays of sun cascading into his room. Intuitively, he rolled over reaching his arm around the body next to him and curling up against the warm form.

"Good morning sleepyhead," Hoseok's mellow voice floated through the air, holding onto the older as he slowly woke from a deep relaxing slumber.

"Baby," Yoongi hummed in his low, gravelly morning voice, placing a sleepy kiss to Hoseok's lips. "What time is it?"

"Around eleven I think."

Yoongi suddenly jolted awake, "What?"

"Don't worry silly," Hoseok laughed, "It's Sunday, the restaurant's closed."

The dark-haired man flopped back down onto the mattress, "God, I'm going the have a heart attack one day."

"Please don't," The younger kissed Yoongi's temple, circling his arms around his waist. "If you die, who am I going take on a date this afternoon?."

"Date?"

"It's a surprise! But it does involve you eventually getting out of bed," Hoseok explained, placing a series of very convincing smooches along his jawline. Yoongi took the boy's face with both hands, squishing his cheeks together a little.

"How can I ever say no to you?" He sighed, his gaze falling over the younger's light brown orbs, melting at the sight of the boy's bright grin.

They both got up and underwent their usual morning routine: brushing their teeth, making breakfast, getting dressed, and, of course, multiple espresso shots for Yoongi.

The leaves had begun to fall outside, and the cool autumn breeze had swept over Korea, so Hoseok changed into his oversized rainbow sweater, baggy jeans and chunky sneakers, with the navy bucket hat that Yoongi gave him adorning the top of his head.

Yoongi wore all black, as per usual.

"Ready to go?" The older asked.

Hoseok nodded happily, taking his boyfriend's hand and pulling him towards the door. "Come on, I'll drive!"

Yoongi grimaced, hoping their destination wouldn't be too far away. With Hoseok was driving, they'd be lucky to arrive with all of their limbs intact.

-

After about fifteen minutes of driving, a couple missed stop signs and two almost car accidents, Hoseok pulled off the highway and right past a big sign with an elephant on it.

"Are we going to the zoo?" Yoongi realized, finding himself get a little excited at the possibility of seeing some wild cats.

"Yep!" Hoseok pulled into the zoo parking, finding the perfect parking spot – diagonally parking Yoongi's car across two sets of lines. "I haven't been to the zoo in forever, and I wanted to see the mole rats! They're very ugly but also very cute."

Hoseok took off towards the front entrance to the zoo, the elder rushing to keep up behind the excitable boy. The park was already busy with parents trying to corral their obnoxious children and cute couples walking around together.

Hoseok had already grabbed a map and had his nose pressed up to the paper, perusing all the exhibits he wanted to visit, unable to decide which he wanted to see first. "Yoongi hyung, which way should we go?"

Yoongi pursed his lips, staring over Hoseok's shoulder at the map as well.

"The tigers," Yoongi decided for them. He pointed to the map, "We can walk around the zoo this way, then finish with the mole rats at the end."