fortyone

A voice echoed out from the other side of the room, carrying up the high-ceilinged courtroom.

"If I can't be happy, than neither can you!"

The gunshot crack reverberated through the room. Yoongi's eyes passed over Hoseok's shoulder to Park Jin Young. His eyes burned with rage as he held a smoking pistol, the barrel pointed directly at Yoongi...or rather at Hoseok, who was wrapped in the older man's arms.

The courtroom guards tackled the health inspector to the ground, the gun skating across the floor out of his reach.

Yoongi barely noticed as they dragged the man handcuffed out of the room. His eyes were locked in Hoseok's as he watched the smile slid off the red head's face.

The bullet had gone directly into Hoseok's back.

"Yoongi-" The red head croaked as Yoongi brought a hand to his back. It came back covered in blood.

Hoseok's eyes fluttered, blood soaking through his shirt and dripping onto the floor. His legs wobbled, his knees giving out and the limp weight of his body caught in Yoongi's arms.

"Hobi, no!" Yoongi shouted, lowering the body to the floor, trying to hold the wound to keep the blood in, but the blood covered everything, seeping out onto the courtroom floor. "Hobi wake up!" His voice shook as he desperately searched for signs of life. "You can't fucking die... Hobi please. Come b-back to me..."

Seokjin had called an ambulance, and the others stood around the scene in horror.

The wait for the paramedics was only a few minutes, but it seemed like an eternity. Yoongi was helpless, tears streaming down his face as he held his boyfriends unconscious body in his arms, kneeling down in a pool of blood. It was so much blood – too much. Yoongi brought a hand to Hoseok's cheek, his tears falling against the boy's skin. "I-I can't lose you..."

The paramedics eventually burst into the courtroom. They moved Hoseok's body onto a stretcher, immediately wheeling him out to the ambulance. Yoongi refused to let go of his hand, rushing into the ambulance as well.

The paramedics hooked the injured man up to a bunch of wires and machines, working as quickly as possible to stop the bleeding. They were speaking, but Yoongi couldn't hear any of it. There was nothing but Hoseok. He brought the younger's blood-stained hand to his cheek, his own body shaking in fear.

When they arrived in the hospital, Hoseok was immediately taken into surgery. Yoongi rushed to the emergency room with them, but as stopped by some nurses at the door.

"Will h-he be okay?" Yoongi managed to blurt out to the paramedics.

"He's lost a lot of blood," The paramedic replied calmly, putting a hand on Yoongi's shoulder, "Why don't you go sit in the waiting room? The doctor will come get you once he's out of surgery."

Yoongi nodded blankly, turning himself around and slowly walking back to the waiting room. There were no thoughts in his head as he sat down, his body trembling uncontrollably. The other people in the room stared at the blood-covered man, but he didn't care. He stared off into nothingness, trying to keep himself from imagining the worst, but the image of Hoseok's lifeless body kept flashing into his head.

A couple minutes later, the rest of the group – Seokjin, Namjoon, Taehyung, Jungkook and Jimin – burst through the door the waiting room, immediately rushing to Yoongi's side. The mint-haired man barely noticed their presence.

Seokjin crouched down in front of him, eyes wild with panic. "Yoongi, what's going on? Where's Hobi?"

Yoongi pointed to the emergency wing. "Surgery," he mumbled.