twentythree

Yoongi and Hoseok's living situation was going swimmingly.

Yoongi's job was to keep everything clean and cook most of their meals. Hoseok's job was to make Yoongi smile. It was a role at which he wholly succeeded, even during Yoongi's grumpiest mornings.

The worst day of the week was Thursday because that was Hoseok's day off. On those days, Yoongi had to specifically forbid him from the restaurant, citing a need for the man to relax and not think about work for once, but Hoseok didn't want to relax. He wanted to spend time with his Yoongi and his friends.

Nevertheless, on Thursday morning Hoseok sat alone in the loft, completely bored. He could watch TV or start searching for new apartments, but honestly he just missed Yoongi and wondered what was going on in the restaurant kitchen downstairs. Instead he was staring at the plain walls of Yoongi's apartment.

The loft was decent but austere, undecorated colourless walls surrounded grayish furniture. Everything was high quality, but equally boring. It desperately needed some pizazz, and Hoseok had pizazz coming out of his wazoo. A slight small fell across his lips.

Ferb, I know what we're going to do today.

The first stop was to meet up with Namjoon, who had an entire storage unit of furniture and décor that he no longer needed for his own apartment. Just rich people things. Anyways, he was more than happy to have Hoseok peruse his collection, despite the fact that Seokjin would've strangled him if he knew that his boyfriend and Hoseok were hanging out.

Namjoon helped him transport the house furnishings back to the loft. They had to carry everything up the fire escape just so Yoongi wouldn't see them coming through the front door of the restaurant, and then Hoseok got to work.

-

Yoongi flicked the last light switch off in the restaurant and let out a deep breath. Finally his day was over, and finally he could spend time with Hoseok. He quickly scurried upstairs and opened the door, expecting his calm monotonous apartment, but met with something entirely different.

The first thing that he noticed was the couch. The item itself was the same but covered in bright yellow pillows and rainbow crocheted blankets. At least two dozen planters were scattered over just about every horizontal surface, with happy little daisies, daffodils, and even a giant ass sunflower standing next to the TV. All of his plain beige walls had been covered with bright tapestries, featuring sunny landscapes and fluffy kittens, and abstract posters with no regard for color coordination. It was like the Care Bears had just thrown up all over his apartment.

Hoseok sat at the dining room table, closing his laptop and going to greet the startled man standing in the doorway with a kiss on the cheek. Yoongi barely noticed, he couldn't stop staring at the loft.

"Um...Hobi?" Yoongi inquired, staring blankly at his roommate, "What happened to the loft?"

"I redecorated!" Hoseok gushed, "The apartment was so barren, so I decided you needed a little more oomph!"

"It's certainly...vibrant."

"Do you like it?" Hoseok asked with a wide grin.

Yoongi stared at his apartment. It wasn't ugly, just not his particular style. There had clearly been a lot of time and effort put into the loft's new look. It was clear that Hoseok loved it, and Yoongi loved Hoseok. "It's great Hobi," He pulled the red head in by the waist and kissed him affectionately to show his appreciation.

Hoseok broke the kiss, "Are you sure, because I can put it back to the way it-"

Yoongi shut him up with another kiss, pressing their lips together firmly this time. Even if Hoseok had decorated the apartment with 'Live Laugh Love' hetero boomer décor, Yoongi would've still appreciated it. He would've 'accidently' burned down the entire building right afterwards, but still.

"How about we watch a movie later?" Yoongi suggested, casually running his cold hands under the younger's shirt, making the red head squirm a little. Hoseok's warm skin always a very welcome heat source for the elder's perpetually cold body.

"Okay!" Hoseok agreed excitedly, pausing for a moment to think, "Can we watch Cats?"

Yoongi shook his head in disbelief. "I am not watching a two-hour furry musical. That's literally the worst thing you could've suggested."

"Aw fine," Hoseok huffed, "How about The Cat in the Hat?

Ah yes, the choice between pure agony and mild misery. "Fine, I'll take the creepy cat over the dancing cats."

"Yay!" Hoseok squealed, squeezing the older man tightly. "Let me go finish something first and then I'll find it on Netflix."

Hoseok ran back over to the laptop to finish up his work. Yoongi followed behind him, resting his wait on the back of Hoseok's chair as the red head logged in. When the web browser popped up, Yoongi's face immediately fell.

Hoseok was browsing an apartment rental website.

"What are you doing?"

Hoseok looked up from the screen, noticing that the frown had fallen over Yoongi's face. "I'm going to e-mail the landlord for this apartment," Hoseok pointed to the apartment listing on the laptop screen, "It's not much but it's nearby and in my price range."

"What, so you're just going to move out now?" The dark-haired man demanded, his voice tinged with an anger that made Hoseok turn around in his chair.

"Well yeah, as long as the landlord agrees," Hoseok replied slowly, "Why?"

"You know what? It doesn't fucking matter," Yoongi hissed, storming off into the kitchen. Hoseok followed him closely, reaching out for his hand, a touch which the older jolted away from.

"You're mad at me," The younger man realized, a ball of worry forming in his chest as he was met with the resentful glare in Yoongi's eyes.

"Yeah no fucking shit Hoseok," Yoongi spat.

"Did I do something wrong?" Hoseok asked in a small voice, his mind running over what he could've possibly done to make the older man upset. "Because I thought that-"

"I don't want to talk about this," Yoongi interrupted, heading towards the loft door and shoving on his shoes. "I'm going out."

"Wait-" Hoseok called after him.

"No Hoseok," Yoongi glared at him, "Just leave me the fuck alone."

And then Yoongi left, slamming the door behind him, the man's heavy footsteps thundering down the stairs and out of the building.

Hoseok was left alone, standing in the middle of the loft with tears threatening to pour from his eyes. He quickly grabbed his phone and dialed a familiar contact.

"What?" The voice on the other end of the line was curt and annoyed.

"Jin Hyung..." Hoseok's broken tone barely came through the speaker. "C-can you come pick me up?"

"Where are you Hobi?" Seokjin's grudge immediately dissipated into concern.

"I'm... I'm at Suga's..."

"I'll be there in five minutes."

-