thirtynine

Yoongi spat his toothpaste in the sink and rinsed the minty residue out of his mouth. His dark brown eyes stared back in the mirror at him, dark circles lining the skin underneath. A few pimples had risen to the surface over the past couple of days, a very frustrating sight for the man who had wanted to look at professional as possible for the court date. Stupid stress hormones.

He sighed, stepping out of the washroom and going to join Hoseok in the kitchen. The red head was making them sandwiches for lunch before they left – with roast pork, Swiss cheese and pickles.

Yoongi hugged his little chef from behind, his arms circling the man's torso. "We've got to get going soon."

Hoseok cut the sandwiches diagonally, putting them on plates and handing one to his boyfriend. "Eat your lunch first. I can't have you grumpy all day."

Yoongi furrowed his brow. "What do you mean grumpy? I'm not grumpy."

"Well you kind of get grumpy when you're hungry... just sometimes." Hoseok said quietly, "I don't want you to attack the judge or something."

Yoongi laughed and held Hoseok by the shoulders, locking eyes with him. "Hobi I'm not going to attack the judge."

"Okay well eat your sandwich anyways... just to be sure."

"Sir yes sir," Yoongi sat down at the counter and gave his boyfriend a two-finger salute. Hoseok had been taking extra good care of him with the court date was approaching and he wasn't complaining about it. The younger was always able to get Yoongi out of his head and to keep him from worrying too much. How could anyone be sad when they got to hear Jung Hoseok's infectious laugh everyday?

"Do you think I look okay?" Hoseok asked, looking down at his white button-up shirt. It was the same one he had worn to his interview a few months before (luckily the coffee stain had washed out with a little bleach), but he wasn't sure if it was appropriate for court. What was someone supposed to wear to court? Hoseok didn't have the slightest clue.

"You look perfect baby," Yoongi leaned over placing his lips at the corner of Hoseok's mouth and giving him a light kiss. "You always look incredible."

"You know what I mean-" Hoseok's cheeks reddened. "Is it okay for court?"

"Hobi, it's fine," Yoongi reassured him, "Are you nervous?

"No, of course not!" The wobble in Hoseok's voice betrayed him. He was putting on a brave face, but on the inside he was petrified. He desperately wanted to save the restaurant and to stay positive about their chances, but ultimately, it wasn't in his control.

Yoongi brought him into a tight embrace. The red head wasn't fooling him, he could sense Hoseok's nerves a mile away. "Hobi, whatever happens today, we'll still have each other. And that's all I've ever needed. There's nothing we can do now except go in there and tell the truth. So there's no point in worrying."

-

"All rise for the Honourable Bang Si-Hyuk."

Chairs squeaked against the wooden floor as the few dozen people in the small courthouse rose to their feet. A rotund mid-aged man in a black judge robe walked up to his seat. He banged the gavel and motioned for them all to sit down.

Yoongi and the weird lawyer Jackson sat at the prosecution stand. The rest of the Suga's staff – Jungkook, Seokjin, Jimin, Taehyung and, of course, Hoseok - were sitting behind them for moral support. Yoongi wished he could've sat next to Hoseok. Holding his hand would've been calming, especially when Park Jin-Young was shooting him smug looks from the defense stand.