I want to love you in the daylight(TenOba)

Tengen Uzui always had a bit of a too-casual approach when it came to to his professional relationships with coworkers. He didn't care much for formalities or have much of a problem with physical touch, perfectly fine to sling an arm over a shoulder or bump a hip as he walked past another teacher.

Now this didn't mean he'd violate his coworkers boundaries or anything, when they made it clear they didn't want to be touched, he backed off, choosing instead to just keep his distant while also maintaining that casual relationship he so dearly loved.

Most of his relationships worked well this way, most of his coworkers now some of his closest friends, even if some of them found him annoying at the worst of times.

He was comfortable this way, detached but close in a way, it was safe.

But one relationship that really confused him was the one he held with the chemistry teacher, Obanai Iguro.

Obanai had made it quite clear from the start that he despised Tengen, didn't want to be touched or even so much as addressed by the man.
Not like Tengen complained, he thought the teacher was so utterly boring he couldn't care less.

But despite being boring, Tengen found himself drawn to the chemistry teacher, that annoying devil on his shoulders constantly wanting to get a rise out of the man.

Maybe it was the way he went red in anger under his mask, or the way he cursed freely like he didn't care they were in a school setting, or maybe he just liked his hair. Tengen didn't really know, all he knew is that it was fun to tease him.

And that's how their relationship would stay for years to come, Tengen provoking the man at every opportunity before the teacher inevitably stormed off somewhere.

At least that's how it should've stayed.

Tengen remembers the day it'd all changed. Obanai had been particularly pissed that day, not responding to most of Tengen's jabs, until finally during after school hours he blew up.

He verbally tore into Tengen, lambasting him to hell before storming off back to his classroom to grade some papers. It left Tengen with an uneasy feeling of dread, and so against his better judgement he followed after him, ready to apologize and put aside his pride.

He remembers walking into the classroom, shoulders slumped as he watched Obanai seethe at his desk. He remembers walking over to the desk, the words on his tongue, the guilt tight in his chest, and the surprised grunt his body had supplied him when Obanai grabbed him by the drawstrings of his hoodie and pulled him down, ripping his mask off as he kissed him so fiercely it felt like he might've actually been wrong about the man being "boring."

It's burned into his brain, the way he'd tried to ask what the chem teacher was doing, the way Obanai shut him up with more fierce kisses, and the way Tengen had fucked the man into next week right on his very desk. Lucky for him he'd had the good sense to close the door behind him when he walked in, and they'd stayed there for what felt like forever as the sun set in the cold classroom, grabbing at one another in the most unprofessional way possible.

It's all clear in his head, that day. The day his relationship with Obanai Iguro went from teasing a coworker to something much, much more.

Their meetings became more and more frequent after that, Obanai offering no explanation for why, but while things at worked remained almost frustratingly the same, at night the nature of their relationship changed drastically.

It was always Obanai who came to his home, Obanai who initiated the contact, and Obanai who left before the sun could rise. He wasn't much for cuddling, something Tengen would've teased him for if he wasn't so mesmerized.