xv.

~Just a quick note; I'm playing a bit fast and loose with the abilities of Tony's Suit scans lol. I have no clue what capabilities it has, so I'M MAKING IT UP! Also longer chapters will return soon. I just need to get through these little ones first. I'm loving ya'll's theories in the comments! ~

————————————

Iron Man Mark VII Internal Data Recording: (03:44hrs)

Sir: OK J—We recording?"

J.A.R.V.I.S.: Yes, Sir.

Sir: Ok. Give me a full environment scan, check for any signs of forced entry and throw in a bio scan for good measure.

J.A.R.V.I.S: Right away Sir.

Sir: While you're at it—you better patch me through to Steve.

J.A.R.V.I.S: Patching through.

S.Rogers: Tony? Is she ok?

Sir: I hate to say it Rogers—But I'm not sure yet.

S.Rogers: You aren't sure?

Sir: Let me lay out the facts for you as I see em— Birdie isn't in the nest. From an initial glance, nothing looks to be amiss, so maybe she's ok—maybe she's just at a friends house.

S.Rogers: Then why isn't she answering my calls?

Sir: I don-

J.A.R.V.I.S: Pardon the interruption sir, but the scans are complete.

Sir: What have ya' got for me?

J.A.R.V.I.S: There is evidence of a recent clean up in the living area, with small traces of glass in the rug. Finger prints found on the coffee table belong to a Manny Estrella-

S.Rogers: That's Wren's boss, he's was taking care of her cat while she was gone.

Sir: Any reason to suspect him of foul play?

S.Rogers: No. I don't think so.

Sir: Ok. Well let's see what info we can get off him shall we?

J.A.R.V.I.S: There is also a low frequency listening device —of unknown origin—located beneath the rear right leg of the couch. The lock on the window near the desk has been also tampered with.

S.Rogers: WHAT?!

Sir: Lead with that next time J.

————

S.H.I.E.L.D. Internal Communications Log

Director.

I'm writing to inform you of the Captain's immediate leave from the field. Seeing as how this has turned into a mostly intel based mission, I figured you wouldn't mind if I sent him home. Something important has come up back in the States.

He wasn't going to be much help with his mind somewhere else.

It may end up being something S.H.I.E.L.D. should take a look at as well. Someone as high profile as the Captain, having someone close to him go missing is of special interest yes?

I'll handle the rest of the current mission personally, then I'd like to request permission to aid him once I get back to H.Q.

Never a dull moment is there?

-Widow