xvi.

[REDACTED]

Date: [REDACTED]

To: [REDACTED]

From: [REDACTED]

Subject: Target Acquirement and Securement-Asset Test Assessment

As you requested to be kept abreast of the situation as it evolves, I shall endeavor to make this report brief. While unforeseen issues did arise, and different actions consequently were taken, the end result of the test was a success.

Ironing out kinks in the system helps with the overall performance of the machine.

The Asset performed the first task out of [REDACTED] without issue. The intel gathered by the alpha unit enabled the target to be subdued and retrieved with no issues.

The target's cellular device and other personal belongings were confiscated and properly destroyed.
Upon delivering the target to the compound, the Asset followed protocol as expected.

It is once the target became conscious that the Asset began to malfunction. The Asset became agitated when the Target began to speak, her distress seemed to bother the Asset. Agent [REDACTED] was ordered to aid the Asset in containment when the target began to struggle. When the Asset stood in the way of [REDACTED], contingencies were activated and the Asset was subdued and reprimanded.

Curious as to what had caused the breach in the Asset's mission compliance, I questioned it.
The Asset seemed confused, and mumbled the name [REDACTED].

Upon examination and further testing, you will be as surprised as I to discover [REDACTED]. I don't believe in coincidence, this will end up working out in our favor; a fail safe if you will.

It seems the similarities between the target and [REDACTED] was the key to the break in conditioning, a flaw we will need to remedy. The Asset resisted when reconditioning was ordered. We lost two agents before it was subdued once again.

When I expressed that consequences would fall on the target if the Asset did not comply, tensions were quickly lessened, the Asset followed orders, was wiped and put back in [REDACTED] to await your next orders.

I believe our best interest after such a find is to return the target. Looking into the information we have on her history, she is unaware of [REDACTED]. I would therefore posit the Captain is also unaware.

As I said earlier, this could be something to use in the future. Holding her for ransom is a waist of resources, and a risk to our future plans. With the Captain back on U.S. soil and calling on the aid of Tony Stark; the possibility of the Avengers becoming aware of our current projects is more and more likely.

We will keep her under surveillance after release. Blood samples have been taken, and we will be employing the conditioning to assure she remembers nothing of her time in our care.

My team and I will work on deepening the conditioning of the Asset with the intent to avoid any issues of this sort in the future. Overall the test mission was a success, even with the unforeseen complications.

We will await further instruction for the continued effort of Project [REDACTED].

Hail Hydra.

———
So sorry for the delay. I wasn't feeling well and I was struggling a bit with this one 😂 how are we feelings about things? Let me know!