Ch-5 (Puppy's Sneeze)

The Hashira were all chuckling, laughing, joking, and talking with each other. 

Except Giyuu was alone again for some reason. 

Though he was given looks of worry from Shinobu and Kyojuro, along with looks of admiration from Mitsuri from time to time, no Hashira really bothered to talk with him. 

Of course, the reason was that Giyuu had been almost punched by Iguro because he didn't answer when Iguro asked him how he was even related to Sabito and Makomo, but Sabito, being the protective best friend and brother he is, blocked the punch. 

"Stay away, short snake stuff." 

Giyuu snapped out of seeing the moving clouds.

"Ah..." 

"No need to be so mean, Sabito."

"I'm used to it."

"Gi-Gi, what short snake is doing is known as 'bullying'" 

"Really? Wow, I never knew." 

Giyuu was sounding sarcastic. 

The raven-haired male took a deep sigh and pulled his friends away from everyone else. 

"Makomo, Sabito, I didn't do anything because the other Hashira are infinitely better than me." 

"I don't deserve to even live." 

"If I'm not worthy of living, then I'm not worthy of becoming a demon slayer, let alone a Hashira." 

Giyuu's whispered the words in a soft and quiet voice, not wanting to have his comrades overhear his voice breaking. 

"Giyuu, not again..."

"Gi-Gi, last time, Sabi slapped you, now I'll slap you if you don't crawl out of your little pond of self-hate." 

"Honestly, I love you guys so much." 

But of course, the Hashira had been informed of the bittersweet conversation between the three Breath of Water users by none other than the nosy and flamboyant Sound Pillar, Tengen Uzui. 

Who also loved gossip. 

The Hashira looked on as the aqua-eyed girl known as...Makomo...pulled Giyuu and Sabito into a hug and gave them head-pats. 

Uzui heard a heavy tune of envy come from Shinobu. 

He decided it would be perfect to tell Mitsuri about it later on.

"Uh...Sabito...Makomo..."  Giyuu's now cracked voice whispered, pulling the people mentioned behind a wisteria blossom. 

"Yeh?" 

"What's wrong, Gi-Gi?" 

"Hehe..." 

"I seemed to have miscalculated..." 

"Oyakata-Sama's gonna arrive in three hours..." 

"Not thirty minutes..." 

"Ah, our sweet Gi-Gi..." 

"Nothing's wrong, bro!" 

"Oh...okay." 

Giyuu flashed a sheepish and flustered grin at the pair.

"Well then, let's talk shall we?" 

"Gi-Gi, where?" 

"On top the Wisteria tree, duh!"

"Really? Giyuu, why?"

"Heh." 

"That tree is too weak, by the way!"