Chapter 6:

Chapter 6:

Percy Jackson

I can't help it but feel angry and dissapointed. My face felt hot and my eyes were stinging. Probabbly because I just woke up or probably because I had learned that Annabeth has ditched me for Angelo. I saw it coming, I knew that guy was trouble.

I ran down the rooftop, leaving Annabeth alone. I was just tired, I didn't need anymore drama or arguments for now.

"Percy!" Annabeth cried. Her tone was hoarse as if she was about to cry or something.

I stopped the moment I heard her, not knowing whether to give her a chance to explain or leave her alone. It was always like that in the movies where guys wouldn't give the others a chance. It was too clichè.

But this Angelo situation was even more clichè!

"Percy, I'm so sorry. I-I was only trying to help Angelo with our project so I-" She stopped. He face softened. "I'm so sorry I'm late." She explained, we were making a scene in the hallway but I didn't care how predictable this was going.

"It didn't matter that you were late," I said, my face still felt hot.

"You were with Angelo again," my tone started angry but I wanted to keep calm but I just couldn't.

"It was for a project!" She threw her arms up exasperatedly.

"Yeah, sure it was." I scoffed.

Annabeth stepped closer. I didn't exactly know what I was feeling, all I know was that it was a mix of all the terrible feelings you have ever felt.

There was a huge lump in my throat and I just felt so outrageous! I was going to explode and I was tired.

She put her hand on my shoulder, and I shrugged it away.

"Just go away and leave me alone." I said, regretting it, I couldn't take it back. Maybe because of my anger I couldn't control.

I felt weird and bad, I felt like an enemy. I felt Annabeth gasp in shock and at the corner of my eye, I saw a tear fall down her eye. I couldn't control my actions.

That was when I felt really stupid, I didn't even bother to look at her.

Crap.

She looked up again "You know what Percy? I can't believe you don't even trust me! How could you possibly think I would do that to you?! I'm trying to say I'm sorry and I'm explaining!"

"I think you're just jealous because-" she started.

"Of course I'm jealous!" I scolded back "I have every reason to be because you don't just ditch your boyfriend for some other dude you met in class!"

She seemed taken aback by what I said & I just turned back

"I always knew this wouldn't work out." Her tone was hoarse again, but this time I could tell she was trying to stop from crying.

"I was wrong. I thought you would trust me," She sniffled. I didn't know what she meant by that. "We should just, take a break, give each other some space. I don't want to do this anymore."

What?

The moment she said those words there came a chill down my spine.

I internally jaw-dropped. I didn't see that coming. I was surprised she said that. She didn't want me? She didn't love me or even took it seriously?

Or did I?

Annabeth walked away, sobbing an headed for the elevator. I felt like a jerk times 10. My head was spinning. I wanted to run after her but I just stood there and stiffened.

That was when I took in everything she said. I ran a hand through my hair, frustrated.

Everything happened so fast and all I know was that Annabeth and I were over.