Bonus Chapter 4:

Bonus Chapter 4:

Jason Grace

"Off to the water, then!"

At last! We were finally going surfing! It took forever for the others to agree since we were delayed by the request to play volleyball- but we showed Leo. Haha. That's what we gets for being so over confident. I must admit, that was a really close game. I almost thought I'd have to suffer hours and hours of a bragging Leo Valdez but thankfully, that's not going to be possible- we kicked they're butts.

I really needed to cool off in the water.

We jogged our way into the sea, desperate for the cool feel of water. The sand was warm against my bare feet and the cool water from the waves touched my toes. The others were already playing like little kids; the girls were having a water fight, splashing me with drops of water. Frank and Percy got our surfboards while Nico continuously tries to drown Leo.

I could tell, Leo wanted to say something but his sentences were cut off with blubbering sounds as he went down the water again.

"Sto-" more blubbering. A smile curled into my mouth at the hilarious sight. I'm glad Nico was enjoying himself. I hadn't even noticed Piper beside me. She gave me a smile and I reached for her hand in return. She looked really pretty today- well, she always was but she seemed to have a kind of glow that made her even more beautiful. I pulled her in for a hug and slipped my hand to her waist, holding her close to my side.

"Got them," Percy announced. They passed the boards to each one of us. I looked ahead, the sea looked calm. I sat in my board as we all waited for a good wave. And waited.

We wait.

Nothing came. We wait for a few minutes.

I side glance at Percy and he was anticipated ahead as well. No one said a word.

Leo finally turned to Percy, "Percy I thi-"

"Okay! Okay! I'll do it!" Percy bursted, cutting Leo off.

Ah, at last! We all let out sighs of relief.

"You could've done it earlier," I commented. Percy just rolled his eyes at us. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes as if he was concentrating. He held out his hands slightly above the water. There was a moment of a cold breeze and then it happened. Waves started coming.

"Yes!" I pumped my fist in the air. We let out whoops and cheers after a million years of waiting for a good wave. We lay in our stomachs as we paddled further into the sea. Percy was leading and he took the first wave. He got closer to the wave and surfed flawlessly away, just like a pro.

The dude's got skills. Well, of course he was the son of the sea god, what do you expect?

We cheered for our friend as he came back grinning widely. I take it Percy does this all the time.

"C'mon guys let's go!" Percy waved at us. We all went paddling to join him. There were more waves for all of us to surf and I found myself next to Frank as we entered a wave, enjoying and laughing at our activity. The girls were also riding their own set of waves, obviously having the time of their lives. Hazel screeched as she struggled to balance in her surfboard once she stood up. She fell back into the water but just laughed it off with the others.

We surfed for a few more rounds as I got lost in all the fun and laughter. By the time we all decided to take a break, the sun was already out to set. The sky was a color of orange- a beautiful one. We all took a break and just sat on our boards floating in the water. I lay down the board with my back against it and I put my hands behind my head. We all watched as the sun descended into the horizon. Probably the best vacation ever.