Chapter 14

Intzzar ki humne jiska wo milli bhi to ase,
Payar zinda hai humara, yaadein nahi...

Book's POV (Third Person's)

Ajey sat on the couch opposite to Yash, holding his face in his both hands, as a few tears slipped from his eyes, he took a deep breath and composed himself.

"Yash, before I say anything, tell me what you saw in her diary yesterday"
Ajey asked with a straight face.

"What? How do you know?"
Yash said confused.

"Ase he isko main appni bahen nahi bulata hu, I know each and everything about her, even the things she don't know herself, so tell me what you saw"
Ajey said leaving no room for discussion.

"I saw her photo"
Yash said with anger and sadness in his eyes.

"Of course you would have seen it"
Ajey sighed, and took the cushion and put it on his lap, folding his arms and leaning back.

"Ajey stop with the interrogation shit, just tell me the whole damn thing, truthfully!"
Yash yelled frustrated.

"Stop yelling Yash! And Tujhe jana he hai na to sun, but let me war you first, agar abb jo main bolne wala hu uske bad tune Snow ko kush bhi bola na, mar daluga tujhe main, ma kasam"
Ajey said angrily, Yash sighed before nodding.

Ajey opened his phone and researched something, and handed it to Yash.

"Padh isko"
Ajey said, yash looked at the screen, it had a picture of her.

"Gurveer Kaur Sekhon, Daughter of Late Sarabjeet Singh Sekhon, was born on 27th March, and the next in line to take over Sekhon Industries & Company died a brutal death on 10th September 2026, in a car accident on Delhi Highway around 6:43 PM, it's been assumed that she was drunk driving and her car was hit crashed with a truck, A week later after her funeral Sekhon Industries's board announced the new C.E.O to be Mr. Karnaveer Singh Sekhon, younger brother of Mr. Sarabjeet Singh Sekhon"

Yash read the news, his eyes filled with tears.

"But...but... she said she is Gurveer, does that mean she was lieing?"
Yash stammered.

"This is what everyone thought, that She died, Gurveer was that anonymous girl you fell for, but don't you think there are alot of similarities between her and snow? Infact everything?!"
Ajey said.

"But... Gurveer is dead! And... snow she could be lieing!!"
Yash said, getting even more confused.

"In last 5 years, you never believed she is dead, never! And how can you believe it now Yash?! Gurveer and Snow are same person, but....There is a big loophole in this story"
Ajey said.

"That can't be possible!!"
Yash yelled, he doesn't wants to believe it.

"On 10th September, 2026, two accidents happened on the same time on Delhi Highway, one was Gurveer a.k.a snow, and one was someone else, a proxy, who was driving the same car as Snow, snow was coming to your birthday party, and that other girl was following her, it was Gurveer's Aunt's planning to save her, but it backfired, that day was supposed to be the last day of Gurveer's life, a well planned muder by her own uncle, Karanveer Singh Sekhon"

Ajey said with heavy voice.

"What the actual hell?! That's not possible!!"
Yash said, hoping his best for this to be a lie, ajey let out a humorless chuckle.

"I was there, I saw it with my god damn eyes Yash! Mere ankho ke samne mar rahe thi Gurveer us din, even shreya was there with me, we took her to the hospital, her face was burned completely from the left side, no one was able to recognize her!! When we reached there I saw media and press, and in the emergency ward her Aunt wrote her name as Snow Williams, because the proxy in place of Gurveer was dead, and it was already declared to media!!"
Ajey almost screamed at Yash.

"Lekin... Ajey, we.... we used to talk, call, and did video call numerous times!!! I can recognize her!! And snow, she look so different!!! She can't be her!!"
Yash tried his best to resonate.

"I said na, her face was completely burned!! She had 6 plastic surgeries, for face restoration! And it changed her whole damn look, the birthmark on her face was gone, if you look closely at her face now, there would be a scar near her left temple, the surgery mark, her voice also changed, she was in coma for 3 months Yash!!"
Ajey said, as tears came in his eyes.

"Then why dosen't she recognize me Ajey?! She was my bigges fan! She wrote more then 7 fanfictions for me, fanpages, everything went dead after that day, my birthday!"
Yash said, holding back his tears his eyes almost red, ajey stayed silent, he was wondering if he should even answer this or not, this will break Yash, into pieces.

"Answer me Ajey!! I need to know the whole truth, I can't bear any other lie from you!!"
Yash yelled as a few tears came in his eyes.

"She don't remember you, infact she doesn't even know who you were when she woke up"

Ajey said very slowly, but these words pierced through Yash's heart like a knife.

"W...hy?"
he mumbled, guessing the answer already.

"She forgot 6 years of her life her head hurted very badly, she still isn't able to recall the memories, it comes in small segments when something triggers her, but she still can't remember anything, and.... I made a mistake... that let her treatment got longer"
Ajey mumbled the last part.

"What?!"
Yash said but really not wanting to listen.

"When she woke up her brain was in 2020, shareya and I was there, at that moment, she asked me I told her the date and time, she fainted, and... and... it really affected her brain, she wasn't able to handle the fact, then a few months later she had a mail from a very big company in California to join them as a star writer, she changed her name with made new documents, created a new identity and left India as Snow Williams"
Ajey said his head hung down, by now tears were streaming down Yash's eyes freely and he sobbed, Ajey looked up, and went near Yash.

"Yash...yash.. bahi..

Yash's POV

I was sitting still, as sobs escaped past my lips, I kept my hand on my mouth, biting it to prevent any noise from escaping, tears streaming down my eyes, as I sat down on the floor.

5 years it's been fucking 5 years, and I finally got a information about her, but... never expected it to be like this.

She wasn't dead, but... she forgot me! It hurted like hell, like someone broke everything I ever built in my heart.

Ajey came and sat beside me, I hugged him.

"How can she forget me like this Ajey?!! How can she!!!! Everything we had! Those moments... how can she.....No... I don't believe you, she have to remember me! I can't live like this anymore...."

I cried, 5 fucking years, I have been bearing this pain in my heart, every second all I have thought is a way to reach to her,but not like this...

"Bahi... I am sorry"
Ajey said as he hugged me.

"Ajey, it's all fault...
I mumbled crying harder.

"Bro, no it's not your fault"
He said.

"If I haven't asked her to come on my birthday she would have never met that accident... she won't forgotten me! I was... I was going to confess that day... but this happened"
I said crying more, kyu mere sath he hemsha asa kyu, what did I do wrong to loss everything like this!

"No bahi! Asa nahi hai, it's not your fault, it was a big conspiracy against her, you didn't did anything, bro please don't-

Ajey was saying when I heard a painfully scream, I pulled away and looked at Ajey, he looked at the direction of my room, we got up and ran towards my bedroom.

She was screaming, her head was sweaty and eyes closed, oh god...

***********

Guys! Not expecting anything for you to say except galiya, I cried so much while writing this that now my eyes are blurring, tumko vote share karana hai jo karna hai karo...

Mohit! Bye.