Chapter 31: Getting Nowhere

Rossi's POV:
After 3 long hours we've come up with nothing. We can't seem to figure out why this person would want to hurt the girls. We can't even come up with a solid profile. I sigh and get up, heading over to the coffee pot.

I am on my way back to the round table room when I notice Reid sitting at his desk with his head in his hands.
"What's up?" I ask when I reach his desk. He looks up at me and shakes his head, "Nothing, I'm fine" he says, "C'mon Reid, are you forgetting that we are part of a team of profilers?" I ask. He sighs and leans back in his chair, "I guess I'm just worried about JJ" he says. I pull up a chair and sit down, "Yeah, I understand that" I say, "I just don't know how to make it up to her" he says and I frown in confusion, "This isn't your fault, you don't have to make anything up to her" I say. He takes a deep breath, "We've been trying" he says. I stare at him, processing the information, "I guess I just feel responsible for it all" he continues, "Reid, you can't control this, the time will come and when it does, you'll be perfect parents" I say, "Thanks Rossi" he says, looking back down at his work, "Good luck kiddo" I say and walk back to the round table room.
"We're still not getting anywhere" Hotch says as I sit down. "Yeah, I think we need to take a break and and come back later with clear heads" I suggest, "Good idea, you're all free to go home for a few hours, I'll call you when we need you back" Hotch says and everyone leaves.

Hotch's POV:
I take Emily's hand and we walk out to the car. I help her into her seat and walk around to the driver's side.
We drive home, singing to the radio on the way and making me laugh at how out of tune we are. I pull into the driveway and help Em out of the car before opening the front door. I walk into the kitchen and start preparing lunch. "Em?" I call, "Yeah?" she calls back, "What do you want for lunch?" I ask, "Hmm" she thinks for a moment, "A toasted cheese and tomato sandwich please" she says and I get out the toaster.
I take the sandwiches out and join Emily on the couch, looking at the tv to see 'Days of Our Lives' on. I laugh and look at her, "What? It's a good show!" she says, laughing back at me. I kiss her forehead and start eating my sandwich.

I check the time and sigh. Em lifts her head off my shoulder and looks at me, "Time to go?" she asks, "Yeah" I say and get up. I go to help Em up when she pulls a face, "What?" I ask, "No, it's nothing" she says, getting up, "Em, I think you should stay here" I say, "I'll get Andersen to come over" "No, Aaron I'm fine, really" she says, "Emily, your due to have a baby in 5 weeks and we're dealing with a serial killer, I want you to stay here" I say and she gives in, "Fine" she sighs and sits back down. I pick up the phone and call Andersen, "Hey it's Hotch" "How can I help you?" he asks politely, "I need you to come to my house and stay with Agent Prentiss" I tell him, "Yes sir, do you mine me asking why?" he asks, "Emily is not well enough to come to work but someone is stalking our team and I don't want to leave her here alone" "Okay, I'll be there soon" he says and hangs up. I sit back down on the couch and wait for Andersen.

I get up when I hear the doorbell, walking over to the front door and opening it to see Andersen. "She's in here" I say, opening the door wider and showing him to the lounge room. "Hey Andersen!" Emily says, smiling, "Hey" he says, "Well I have to go, I'll see you soon Em" I say, giving her a kiss and heading over to the door, "Wait, sir" Andersen says, walking over to me, "Please explain what is actually going on here" he says, "Someone has been sending the girls notes about wanting to take them away. We're working on it at the moment but Emily isn't feeling up to coming to work so I just need you to stay here with her to make sure nothing happens" I explain, "Okay, so does that mean I need my gun?" he ask, sounding slightly scared, "Did you bring it?" I ask. He pulls his gun out of his belt, showing me, "Good" I say and leave.