CHAPTER 30. A TUCK AT THE HEART!

It was already a week after the trip to the amusement park. You guys had finished and mailed your project to Mr.Hwang, who was more than delighted to receive it.

        'Good job! Group D! I'm proud of your work. :)' was his reply.

        All that was left now was the presentation you'd have to give after summer break was over. The school year continued till March and ended with exams at the start of April. Then new classes would start in May. Which meant you had been in this class for hardly two and a half months.

        You rechecked the notes you had written for your part while Daniel and Hoseok had taken some other stuff. You weren't too good with group presentations. It was always you in the end who did all the work since you would find it really hard to relay on someone and expect something good from them. Kids never gave you the satisfaction you would get with your own work. But Daniel and Hoseok were an exceptional case.

        They had been of more help than you had expected. You did feel a bit odd not getting up and going to school with them where you guys would occupy the lab and work on your project. It had been a week but still that was starting to become an unintentional habit.

        You stretched your back, sitting down for hours and slouching forward was painful. You needed caffeine or else you'd run low on battery any moment.

        You went downstairs. Mom and dad weren't home, as usual. You expected Jimin to be out with his friends as well but surprisingly he was at home. You two hadn't been conversing much after coming back from the amusement park. He still hadn't brought up the issue.

        You were in on this mission for two reasons. One, you got to know what your parents were up to. Second, you would find out something related to your biological parent's death. For that you needed maximum intel from anywhere you could get. You had a whim Jimin had another reason up his sleeve as well but decided to be civil about this.

        "Miss Y/N,"Mrs.Lee caught your attention as you entered the kitchen. "Is there something you would like to have for dinner tonight?"she asked, entering after you.

        You steadied your startled self. "Uh...hello Mrs.Lee, it's good to see you back from vacations." You smiled at her. "How was it?"

        "If calling a break to an empty home is what you call vacation, then it was alright." She walked over to the kitchen counter.

        "Oh,"you opened your mouth to say something but stopped and went back to get what you came here for. You checked for something sweet. Sadly the fridge was filled with energy drinks and other junk.

        "Found what you were looking for?"Mrs.Lee asked. You shook your head in dismay.

        "Actually I was checking for coffee but I think we don't have it in the fridge."

        "You prefer cold coffee I suppose?"Mrs.Lee arched an eyebrow. You nodded.

        "I will make you some, please wait in the lounge." You raised your hands in denial, waving them sideways.

        "It's alright, I wouldn't burden you-"

        "You're not a burden,"she smiled at you. You paused before giving in. "Thank you, Mrs.Lee."

        "You'll get it soon, do you want some salted pretzels along with it?"she asked.

        "Wouldn't hurt,"Jimin came in. "Make two of those!"he pointed to her hand. Mrs.Lee nodded at him as she poured another cup of milk.