32. CLUES!

You and Jimin went over to an old trailer in the middle of a junkyard. Jimin parked the car and went over to check on the stalker while you looked around.

"Who would live in a dumpster?"you asked him. He closed the trunk. "Yup! pretty much still not up." He walked over to you. "I guess people have some funny plans for their futures."

"I'd never live in such a place, I know." You pointed and walked over to the cabin.

"Let's see if you end up marrying someone trash and then your whole life is a dumpster,"Jimin smiled at you. You rolled your eyes and motioned for him to knock at the door.

"Hello,"he knocked. "Pizza delivery guy!" 

"Huh?"you asked.

"Works every time!"he winked at you. The door knob twisted.

"Meh is it the pepperoni I ordered a month ago?"a grumpy and short black man spoke from behind the door. "I don't even have the money to pay up for it!"

He looked up at you two. His facial expressions changed from tired and grumpy to surprised and shocked. "Heavens be spitting on me in Irish!"he exclaimed.

Both of you frowned in unison.

"Hello, Mr.-"Jimin paused for a sec.

"O'Brian." The man concluded his sentence. Jimin smiled at him sheepishly. "-Yes, Mr.O'Brian."

The man stood his ground, waiting for you guys to initiate the conversation. "What brings you two here?"

'He's acting awfully familiar,'you thought.

"Can we talk inside? we have something to discuss with you." Jimin asked. The man looked over at you, then he shifted his gaze to Jimin and nodded. "I don't clean this place too much, anyone of you who has OCD won't survive in here." He led you two in.

You frowned and followed them. The place was a dump. Any normal human wouldn't be able to survive this place. You kept on taking breaths through your mouth so that you wouldn't fake because of the stench.

'Geez his place smells worse than Jimin's room!'You made a gagging face.

"Sit if you find anywhere to sit,"the man jumped onto a brown leather chair. There were boxes of food and tins everywhere. The place smelled like a manhole.

"Ugh,"you looked away from the rotting food outside of the fridge.

"I don't know how to cook so I only have takeaways,"Mr.O'Brian said. You didn't bother saying anything in return.

Jimin walked over and stood next to the couch. "Y/N, you can sit here."

"No, I'm good,"you raised your hand in defeat. "I think it'll be better if we could talk outside,"you looked at Jimin. He saw you were struggling to even breathe.

"Mr.O'Brian...can we have this conversation outside?"Jimin asked him.

The man didn't find it interesting. "I don't leave my crib. You can't bear with me here, then leave."

"Sir, we'll take you out for food and you'll receive home cooked meals for as long as you want,"Jimin insisted. The man looked up and saw a desperate look in both of your eyes.

"I-"he reckoned the familiarity in you and your dad.

"Please,"you pleaded.

He paused for a while. You looked over at Jimin, he shrugged cluelessly. "Okay...if you insist." Mr.O'Brian sighed out loud. "Let me grab my coat."

You guys went over to some diner. Both of you sat next to each other while Mr.O'Brian sat in front of you guys.

Jimin gave him a freehand to order.

"You sure we'll get something out of him?"you mumbled in Jimin's ear. "I know he's the right person, just trust me on this,"Jimin assured you.

You gritted your teeth and nodded at him. "Sure."

After nearly half hour, when the food arrived. Mr.O'Brian looked up at both of you.

"You can start asking." He hinted.

Jimin gave you a concerning look, you nodded. He sighed out loud.

"Sir...do you know something about the Beta corps?"

Mr.O'Brian stopped eating and looked up at Jimin with his mouthful. "How do you know about them?"

He asked curiously as Jimin eyed you with a smirk plastered on his lips. You smirked back.

"Sir, we want to know everything they're doing because there must be something we're also related to here."

Mr.O'Brian stared at you two for sometime and then his grim expression turned into a smile. He smiled and then started laughing.

Both of you frowned.

"I can't believe these kids would finally get to this point!"he laughed.

"These kids?"

"Well of course, you both want to know about how your parents died! Don't you? I remember them so well but I-"Mr.O'Brian stopped in his tracks when he realized he might've mentioned something you guys weren't here to talk about. You and Jimin were shook.

"I-"he stuttered. "I think this is going to be a long one."

~

sorry for the grammatical errors, I've updated on a short notice.

keep reading to find out what happens next.