16. THE STARS ABOVE!

You were on the balcony of the hotel, looking at the sky. It was empty, no star to be seen. You sighed looking at your phone. Your mom told you by dinner one day, that you guys were going on a dinner this weekend, and it was important for your dad. She told you to put your best manner in front of everyone.

        You were aware of how aristocrats attended dinners and behaved but you were still feeling nervous. You guys were already in Paris. Yes, it was a very important business trip and somehow you and Jimin were also invited to the event. 

        It was your first time outside Korea. You could feel the chills hitting you and giving you goosebumps because you were never a part of big things. It wasn't a part of you to be highlighted. You thought about how tough life had started to get ever since Jimin came in your life.

        Last year by this time your biggest worry was your dream school but it was a world with no competition but right now, you had a genius who seemed unbeatable in every single way.

        "I should just get some sleep...we'll be up late for tomo-"

        "Are you sure you heard it right?"Jimin walked into the balcony of his room. You skipped over to the wall and hid beside it, he walked over to the railing and leaned over. You tried to walk inside without making any sound, by taking small steps. You didn't want him to see you look nervous, he'd see right through you. 

         You slowly moved back, not knowing that the door was right behind you, your back hit the handle and you squeaked in pain.

        "Is someone there?"Jimin called out. You stayed silent.

        "I know someone is out there!"Jimin raised his voice.

        You walked out to the balcony. You guy had twin rooms and the balconies were only a meter apart. 

        "Oh so you were spying on me?"he quirked his brow. You rolled your eyes,"I was out first."

        He shrugged,"Peeping Tom never admits his mistake."

        "I wasn't doing anything!"you retorted. He raised his hands in defeat,"Okay!Okay!"

        You leaned over your balcony, looking at the amazing city of Paris, a majestic yet humble place. He leaned over his. Both of you didn't say anything.

        "Why are you up?"he asked.

        "I can't fall asleep."

        "Is it because of the finals?"

        You stayed silent, for you studying was not that hard but ever since he came you knew you had to work hard, it was the only thing you were good in. "Maybe,"You replied.

        "But I don't think you should be, you've already memorized all of the books."

        "But I can't beat you...even if I have,"you whispered. His smile dropped. He frowned at your sudden confession. "Am I that hard to beat?"he asked. 

        Well you weren't going to fall for his 'making-you-praise-him' scheme. You gave him an incredulous look,"You're more of a pain in the ass than being a real competition."

        "Ouch!"he laughed,"so tell me why are you on the balcony?"he asked again. You didn't want him to make fun of you for finding out that you were nervous about the dinner.

        "I wasn't sleepy but now I am,"you turned to him,"I'm going to sleep."You walked back to your room.

        "That's suspicious!"he yelled. "Sure!Goodnight!"you went inside.