FIFTEEN

Zak fell to the floor as well and crawled to Ryan than put his hands on her wound.  "I-I-can't l-l-ose you" Zak stuttered  "I-I-I love you"Ryan muttered.  The paramedics came ready to work on them but Zak wouldn't let them scared if he did Ryan would die.  "Zak let them work on you and Ryan" Aaron said.  Zak took his hands away as the paramedics looked at both of them.  "We're losing her she's needs med flight"the paramedic stated.  Suddenly Zak went quiet and just laid there.

"We're losing him get me the paddles now!!"he called out. They ripped Zak's shirt opened and put the paddles on him.  They defibrillated him as they started CPR on him.  "Please Zak don't go to your father!!"his mother yelled as tears fell from her face. 

They were still doing CPR on Zak as they put him in the ambulance.  When Zak finally opened his eyes he saw Aaron asleep in a chair.  Zak looked around wondering what was going on and if Ryan was still alive or did he became widower.  Zak wanted to talk but he felt something in his throat.  I'm on a vent how long have I been on this Zak thought as Aaron woke up.  "Oh my god nurse nurse!!" he yelled out. 

The nurse came in and saw Zak was awake.  "I'll get the doctor" and she left as Aaron walked over to him.  "Zak oh my god you're awake"Aaron stated.  Zak pointed to the tube in his throat  "I know Zak just calm down the doctor will take it out" Aaron replied.  Zak was impatient he wanted to ask about his wife and if she was alive or dead that he was ready to pull it out himself which Aaron could tell so he grabbed Zak's hands by his wrist.

"Just relax Zak before you ruin the work the surgeons did to save you".  The doctor came in and saw what Aaron was doing.  "Nice timing doc he's ready to pull this out himself"Aaron replied.   "All right Mr. Bagans just relax and I'll take the tube out".  He took the tape off of Zak and took the tube out.  Zak coughed and Aaron gave him some water.  "We're going to keep you on oxygen for a few more days but your lung and heart are healing" and the doctor left as Zak took another drink of water.  "Your mother is going to happy that you're awake"Aaron stated with a smile.  

"Ryan how is she?"Zak asked hoarse.  "She's in the ICU the bullet nicked an artery in her heart.  She's been in and out of consciousness but Zak you got it worse.  The bullet went through one of your lungs and nicked your left aortic valve.  You had to have by pass surgery to fix the leak in your heart.  You came close to dying".  "Tell her I'm OK" Zak asked.  "Why don't you tell me yourself Bagans?".  Zak turned his head and saw Ryan in a wheel chair with his mother rolling her in.   

"Your mother has been rolling me in to see you I was so scared I was going to lose you" she replied.  "Me too Zak" his mother remarked.  "Why don't we give them some time to themselves" Aaron suggested.  They left the room as Ryan wheeled over to hold Zak's hand.  "I thought I lost you" she replied.  

"When I saw that gun the memory of what you saw in the mirror hit me but I didn't care if I lived or died I wanted you to be safe" Zak said. "When Jeff brought Sam over he keeps asking if you're awake and that machine wasn't breathing for you".  "Maybe when I'm stronger you can bring Sam over to see me" Zak stated.  Zak leaned over and kissed Ryan.  "That's the one thing I miss" as Ryan smiled.