TWENTY-NINE

A few weeks went by, and Ryan noticed a change in her husband's attitude but every time she tried to talk to Zak about it, he would say it was nothing and just walk off.  At the haunted museum Aaron and Billy were there as Ryan walked in.  "Ryan what are you doing here?" Aaron inquired.  "Something's up with Zak and he won't tell me about it, and I was wondering if you guys knew what's wrong". 

They both looked at each other and back at her.  "Please guys tell me I'm thinking the worst" she replied.  "The producers found out that Zak lied to them when he had his second bout of Leukemia.  They're considering firing Zak and offering Nick Zak's job"Billy replied. "Why didn't Zak tell me this?".  "He didn't want you to worry Ryan" Aaron remarked.  "Well not telling me isn't better".  "Ryan what are you doing here where's Kathleen and Sam?" Zak asked walking over.  "Your mother has them". 

"You know why don't we go check on a few things" Aaron suggested to Billy and they left.  "Zak why didn't you tell me the producers of your show are thinking of firing you because you hid the fact about your second bout of cancer".  "I was scared you would leave me"Zak remarked.  "Zak, I love you for you not your fame.  You could be working at a 7/11 making Slurpee's or a car mechanic I'd still love you," she stated. 

Zak chuckled as she put her hand on his cheek.  "And god forbid, they do let you go it's their mistake".  "Now I remember why I married you twice" Zak said smiling.  "I know for a fact that Aaron, Billy, and Jay would quit if they fired you".  

"I never thought of that"Zak remarked.  "Why don't you come home Sam wants to go to the park with his dad and I know Kathleen wants to spend some time with her daddy".  The door opened and a man appeared.  "Ryan hello there".  Ryan stood still as the man stood there.  "Ryan who's this man?"Zak inquired.  "My ex-husband who should be in jail" she replied.  "It seems someone recanted, and the case was dropped".  "Why don't you get out of here before I have you thrown out!" Zak declared. 

"I'm leaving but Ryan, I've got myself a lawyer and I will get my rights back to my son" and he left.  "Zak do me a favor?".  "Anything"he replied.  "If there's any alcohol in the house get rid of it.  Hide my keys and yours so I don't drive down to a liquor store".  "If you want to, I'll lock you downstairs in the basement".  "I'd rather be possessed than drunk" as Zak hugged her.