(Chapter 1) The Beginning

Young Evelyn was a smart and literate child at a young age, her classmates admired her for that. Somedays they'd ask help from her whenever they had a problem with their homework. She didn't have friends but she had a few kids to talk to at the very least. Though she was rich, her home status never affected how she acted towards others and still treated them equally just how the kids were towards her. But there are some occasions where they would ask what her home, the food she eats, and the toys she had were like.

"Hehe yeah Raihan's gonna get it now!" A little boy in a pre school uniform cheered with a group of other kids as he watched the Dragon type Trainer with his Duraludon struggling to keep up with Leon's Dragapult from the TV screen.

"No way! You can do it Raihan I believe in you!" Another boy protested hoping Raihan could beat Leon, but to no avail as the Duralodon gave out.

"Aww! No fair you jinxed it! Hmph..." The boy pouted as he crossed his arms together angrily.

"That Leon guy is pretty cool!"

"Yeah and pretty handsome too!"

Two girls said from behind the boys, squealing in delight.

"True that and now all Leon has to do is fight the champ and then be the champ!"

"For sure he'd be the new champ! Right Evelyn?"

"Oh, y-yeah I think so." Evelyn answered in a shy manner.

"Guys! The teacher's coming! Switch it off quick!" Seam (pronounced Shaume) ran into the classroom as one of the kids hurriedly turned off the telly and the others scurried back to their seats. Seam got back to his seat last.

The teacher came in with their partner Pokemon Minccino carrying papers and class started once again.

It was home time now, some kids stayed at the playground, the place where their Pokemons were left during school time, waiting for their parent(s)/other relatives/guardians to pick them up.

Everyone in the school had a Pokemon, even the teachers have Pokemons, well everyone except for Evelyn.

Evelyn distinguished a few Pokemon her classmates owned. It was her little habit since she first came there.

They all consisted of 4 Skwovets, 2 Nickits, 1 Milcery, 5 Bunnelbys, 3 Chewtles, and 1 Oddish. But the one that stood out from all of them was Seam's Froakie. It wasn't anything you'd normally see in the Galar region. Since Seam was from the Kalos region his parents were able gift him one before moving to Galar.

"Man Seam if I ever visit the Kalos region I'm gonna catch a Froakie too!"

"Ha good luck! It's a rare Pokemon only a few could obtain." Seam said to his male classmate with so much pride in him.

"Then you must really be lucky, right Seam?"

"You could say that again."

Oh yes there's also this thing where every time school ends Evelyn's classmates would challenge Seam to a Pokemon battle. But of course Seam would always win since he had more experience than any of them.

"Hey Seam?" A girl with a Nickit came to Seam eager to fight him.

"Yes?"

"Is it okay if we have a little battling while waiting for my mum to come pick me up?"

"Sure, I already won a dozen of times against you guys. So it wouldn't really be a challenge anymore."

"Then I'll make it a challenge!" The little girl declared with fire glistening from her eyes.