(Chapter 13) Ceremony of the New

"Zzt zzt! It's time to wake up! Time to wake up!" Rotom Phone rang at 7:00 am in the morning. For its next order of business it had to wake Evelyn up to get ready for the ceremony.

"Alright I'm up now quit the racket!" Evelyn ordered the Rotom Phone.

It quickly obeyed and silenced itself before floating away somewhere. Evelyn slowly got up from her bed and looked around the slightly messy inn room.

Popplio was sleeping at the foot of the bed with Yamper but during its sleep Yamper fell over to the carpeted floor.

Fomantis woke up first from all of them, it was standing in front of the room's huge window with the curtain slightly pushed aside to let the morning sun veil the Pokemon with such radiance as Fomantis basked under it.

Evelyn saw how peaceful it was and decided to leave it be, oh if only she saw the menacing face it hid that had 'I'm planning something' written all over it.

"Popplio, Yamper rise and shine." Evelyn gently nudges them awake as she bent down. "We have to be early if we don't wanna be late for the ceremony."

The two eventually broke away from their slumber, Popplio peered its eyes open and when it saw Evelyn it jumped up from the bed and embraced her on the neck while Yamper struggled to get up from the floor.

Once the two got up, Evelyn got ready for the morning, wearing her usual outfit and headed out of the room with Popplio, Yamper, and Fomantis (who still made that face which only the Pokemons noticed) following them.

On the way to the dining room Evelyn came across Mallie along with Gossifleur who also woke up early.

"Mornin' Mal!" Evelyn greeted as her Pokemons except Fomantis did the same with Gossifleur.

Mallie stopped walking and greeted her new companion back.

"Yeah you too Lyn, never thought you'd wake up this early, I'd expect this from that Bea girl."

Evelyn knows it wasn't supposed to sound sarcastic but with how long she'd been with her yesterday, she couldn't differentiate.

"So," Mallie continued. "you heading to the dining room for breakfast?"

"You guessed it!" Evelyn answered cheerfully.

Fast forward, the two went to the dining room and took a seat on one of the tables as the other girls Lucy and Bea came in a few minutes later.

"Hey guys! Did you choose what you'll be having for breakfast?" Lucy asked, taking a seat with Bea at the same table as the two.

"I ordered bacon and eggs with orange juice and some Pokemon food for Gossifleur and the others, but Evelyn here is taking too much TIME." Mallie said in annoyance because up until now Evelyn is still hoarding on the menu book, which Mallie had to remind her that only two menus were provided on each table.

"Hey I have to make sure the fancy pics don't fool me with a disappointment when I eat!" Evelyn retorted with eyes still fixated on the menu.

"Fine if it makes you happy I'll have eggs benedict and some tea."

The menu was finally passed down to Bea while the other from Mallie was given to Lucy.

"Evelyn about last night," Bea turned to Evelyn while still holding the menu in her hands. "would you mind telling me what happened to you and Mallie?"

"Ah well..."

Evelyn told Bea as well as Lucy all about the epic battle she and Mallie had, with the highlights being Popplio's new Aqua Jet move and Fomantis being added to both Mallie and Evelyn's team, which they didn't seem to mind.