(Chapter 12) Dynamax Team Up

"Yamper quick dig a hole big enough for Popplio to hide in with now!"

Yamper followed the command and made a huge hole that would fit both it and its injured partner.

"FOMANTIS!" The now ginormous Fomantis cried mightily as it watched its foes cower away in a hole.

The battle was devastating, not only for the Pokemons but for Evelyn too who also had to hide every now and then in order to not be blown away by the Fomantis's overpowering attacks. Gigantic sized mushrooms and grass showered what used to be a plain bouldered terrain all because of Fomantis's Max Overgrowth.

Evelyn, who felt like she was on the verge of death with the situation she was in, was hiding behind one of the boulders that hadn't been pulverized yet.

Popping out of the ground beside her, Yamper along with Popplio came to Evelyn at the temporarily safe boulder unbeknownst to the giant Fomantis. The two Pokemon immediately huddled close to their Trainer. Evelyn jumped a little when they charged at her but still held them close to shield them.

"C-calm down, dd-don't worry help'll be here soon just trust in Rotom alright guys.." Evelyn stuttered when trying to sound reassuring, but her outward fear could not be contained.

It was like fighting a giant metal robot, hardly any of Popplio or Yamper's attacks even left a scratch on the monstrous Fomantis. The only hope they have of defeating or escaping it is for Rotom to return with reinforcements.

Evelyn never felt this scared in all her life, this was what she would be facing in her journey but she was facing a wild Pokemon just imagine how much harder it would be to face the Gym Leaders.

"Trainer Eva-lyn I brought help!" Rotom shouted from afar, luckily Fomantis hasn't noticed.

Evelyn should be relieved to hear this but when she saw who Rotom had brought she didn't know how to feel.

"Lyn what happened?!" Mallie ran to her side but Evelyn had a disappointing look towards her. Mallie didn't care and checked on the girl who was covered in bits of dirt from head to toe while Evelyn's beat up Pokemons looked at her, still huddled close to their Trainer.

"You blind Mallie? I thought you were smarter than me since I am deadbrained?" Evelyn sarcastically stated as karma for Mallie.

"Forget what I said!"

"Nope! Nuh-uh no way am I forgetting that!"

"Now is not the-!"

"Zzt sorry to interrupt you two chatterboxes," Rotom Phone said which eventually broke the two from talking. "BUT IT SEEMS FOMANTIS IS ABOUT TO LAUNCH ITS MAX FLUTTERBY ATTACK!!!

A blinding dome made of green light shone from a distance, it kept growing bigger and bigger until it would explode soon. Evelyn witnessed this attack once with a close call.

Evelyn quickly grabbed Mallie's wrist causing both of them to fall to the ground on their stomachs. Rotom Phone took cover on its own inside Evelyn's pockets.

The Dynamaxed attack took effect, destroying anything it came in contact with including the boulder the two girls hid at but only a partial part of it. The force was so strong Mallie and Evelyn had to literally hold on to each other.

Once the aftermath of the blast came to pass, the two girls lifted their heads up from the rough ground with a few coughs from the cloudy dirt and saw the boulder that used to be past both of their heights together now only as tall as them being knelt down.