(Chapter 11) Alone with Clouded Thoughts

The two girls were separated since that fight, Mallie was still at the same place where Evelyn left. She did nothing but sit on a rock, Gossifleur's Pokeball in hand. Perhaps reflecting on what Evelyn said? By now Gossifleur would be in good shape when needed, so going back wouldn't be a problem anymore.

Back to Evelyn, she was making her way back to Motostoke with the use of the Map from her Rotom Phone.

"Just take the next left and you'll be there in t-minus 48 minutes on foot zzt." The Rotom Phone instructed with a robotic voice as it levitated from the ground.

"Thanks Rotom. Oh by the way how come you never talked to me when I first got you."

Rotom seemed a little confused about why Evelyn would ask something so trivial.

"I am only informed to give off information concerning Pokemons, locations and such when needed." Rotom Phone explained.

"Ah I see, but you know it's okay to talk to me even when it doesn't involve that stuff."

"Do you mean it in a casual sense zzt?"

"Sure."

Rotom was delighted to hear this, it didn't feel like it was being treated as only a tool like how it perceived itself to be. The device sealed Pokemon wiggled in joy and gave out a loud 'yipee!'.

Evelyn chuckled softly as she was amused with the Rotom's child-like personality.

"If it is okay to ask Trainer Eva-lyn." Rotom said with difficulty pronouncing the name. "What about Trainer Ma-l-lee?"

Evelyn stopped walking and tucked her one hand into her shorts' pockets before answering the question.

"Beats me, she's still probably searching for that Fomantis. I wouldn't wanna deal with a difficult person like her anymore. Honestly when she said that it was stupid to trust a literal stranger, yeah lesson learned I'll make sure to be with the right kind of people next time."

Rotom Dex though couldn't understand the full perception of human complications thought it could be of use to talk things through with its user. Even when it wasn't exactly one of its functions, well technically its purpose was to see its user's every need so it decided to take it on a more mental level.

"Would you like to talk more about it?" Rotom politely asked with the eyes of a toddler.

As much as Evelyn hated what happened back there she didn't want to bottle up her frustration and say nothing about it.

"Oh where do I even start!"

Evelyn told Rotom everything starting with Mallie's behavior to the argument she had with her. She took so much time talking, the sky's color already began to darken and the humongous entrance to Motostoke began to appear as she kept walking.

"That's why I'm never EVER going to talk or even go near her again! " Evelyn finished as she sighed in relief that she got everything out of her system.

"Mmm that is a little harsh don't you think? Tell me did she do anything considerable as a crime zzt? Would you like me to inform the authorities?"

With this misunderstanding Rotom dialed the number to Motostoke's Police Station.

"What no don't!" Evelyn waved her hand out of her pocket to stop Rotom from auto dialing the cops. "I dislike her but she never did anything to cross that type of line! She...she may be bossy and not to mention a denialist but she never truly did any real harm. I personally still don't think she's a good person but she isn't a bad one either."