Death of a Friend

—DEATH OF A FRIEND—

DEATH OF A FRIEND

●♤♤●

Seeing your friend dead was something no one should have to do. But it hurt so much more when you parted on unhealthy feelings.

Hating someone was easy, but you never realise how painful it is until you realise you can never make up for it.

~

We were all near the big screen in the Institute. Alec was staring at the monitor, i was leaning on his shoulder whilst i stared at Clary and Jace's interaction.

"It just looks like a wine glass." Clary said, holding the Mortal Cup in her hands.

"That wine glass saved your life." Jace told her. The two had kissed once Clary got back to the Institute. Ew.

"What if...what if i hadn't gotten the Cup out in time? That demon-"

"But you did. First rule of Shadowhunting... when something explodes, just keep walking. Never think twice. Never look away." Jace explained and Clary looked at him, intrigued.

"What's the second rule?" She questioned, and Izzy used her whip to take the Cup from her hands.

"There's nothing a Shadowhunter can't do in heels." I cheered and Izzy laughed, smiling at me. She really was a best friend to me.

"Alec, what are you doing?" Jace asked my boyfriend, who still hadn't looked away from the monitor. "You can stare at this monitor all you want, they need angel blood to get past the wards. You know that." I saw Clary somehow put the cup back into the tarot card Jocelyn had made.

I just....i didn't call her Mom. I called her Jocelyn. Did she really mean that little to me?

"No Downworlder can come into the Institute." Jace informed us, and i scoffed.

"Not without being invited." I told him, and he squinted his eyes playfully at me. Me and Jace weren't close like me and Izzy, but we weren't distant like me and Clary had become to be.

"Last I checked, Valentine is a Shadowhunter. The Cup is not safe here. We have to give it back to the Clave." Alec advised, and i agreed with him.

"My brother is right. The Cup is extremely important." Izzy said, and Alec looked at her, astonished.

"Are you agreeing with me?" He questioned, and the girl smirked.