9- New Case

I keep laughing when I think of the fact that Marius would be 12 if the story took place in 2021

I smiled as we entered the station. Fannie was staring down and holding her left arm while Joanne seemed annoyed.

"Where are they? Or did you tell me a lie for no reason?" "We're right here Joanne." Harry glared and the two looked up. Joey was holding Harry's hand and tensed when she saw the lollipop. I could tell she wanted to yell at me and I spoke.

"It's cherry flavored. I want to get her away from strawberry too." I told her and she hesitated until I showed the wrapper. I tossed it after showing it to her and sighed.

"Joey doesn't trust me at all... To get her to eat or even look at me, Harry has to give her the food or ask her for me... Harry is only here so Joey would come here without a problem." I sighed and the two stared. Joanne glared and spoke.

"So I can't take my daughter in why? You can keep Harry." Darrius answered for me. "You can't take her in because you're a suspect for murder. Harry was proven innocent. The same goes for you Ms Morris." Fannie nodded and Joey was confused. Joanne held her lollipop for her and knelt down to Joey. She was happy and smiled.

"Mommy!" She cheered and I sighed.

"I'd like to try my best to take care of Joey like a mother would. That being said, I know I can't replace you so I won't be calling myself her mother. Just a caretaker." She glared at me and spoke.

"I could have my-" "You would've framed Harry and ruined his life! And even if you had been successful, you knew what the will was!" Artem snapped and I was surprised.

"Mr Wing! You don't have to snap like that!" I panicked and we were all surprised. He glared at Joanne and Joey was confused. She was looking between all of us and spoke.

"Mommy? What's wrong?" She asked and she looked at her. "Joey..." She mumbled and stared at her. I sighed and spoke. "Ms Joanne, I want to take care of them. You don't need to worry about me continuing those pills and I can afford her medication." She looked before sighing as she turned to Joey.

"Joey, can you do something for mommy?" "Mommy!" She cheered and she nodded. She seemed sad and Fannie was too. She knelt down next to her and both spoke.

"Joey, I want you to be nice to that lady... okay?" Joanne asked as she pointed to me. Joey looked and Fannie spoke.

"She's going to take care of you in our place. Okay?" Fannie asked and Joey walked to me. I knelt down and smiled. I waved a bit and spoke. "Hi there Joey. I'm (Y/n)." She stared before reaching her hands up a bit.

She kinda messed up saying my name and I took her hand. I smiled and she smiled too. She was tired and yawned. Harry came here and picked her up for me and Artem looked before he spoke.

"Darrius, if they have something for Joey, can they give it to her?" He looked before speaking. "We'd have to check it for tracking devices, but it'll be fine if there isn't any tracking devices. If there is, no." Darrius said and they looked before Joanne spoke.

"I don't have anything right now but..." "When you get it, Officer Darrius can call me and have me get it for Joey." They nodded and Darrius spoke.

"And Ms (L/n), please stay for a bit longer." "Oh, okay sir. Artem, can you bring Harry and Joey to my house?" I asked and he was surprised. I smiled and texted him the number when he agreed.

"Thank you Artem." He nodded and spoke. "I'll... see you in the office..." I nodded and smiled. "Yep. Bye Artem." He nodded and left with Harry and Joey. Joey was asleep in Harry's arms and Harry had a house key. Fannie and Joanne left and I spoke.