23- Children

Sorry this took so long. I was struggling for find a picture for it and that's it. I'm just dumb.

I can't tell who the artist is, but it's posted on BiliBili, Asia's version of YouTube last I checked. All I know is Huey looks so adorable.

Mom's POV

I smiled as I waved to the leaving cars. (Y/n) was in the back this time and smiled as she waved until we couldn't see each other anymore.

Gary sighed as he watched next to me, guarding me from Ms Kendricks while he kept an eye on her. I laughed slightly and both looked at me.

"Gary, I appreciate what you're doing, but we did agree to do this to try letting her get reformed. We can't do that if we're always on our guard around her." He grumbled as he looked aside. "Yeah... But I don't know how she's behaving." "I'm right here." Ms Kendricks pointed out and he glared while I sighed.

"I'm sorry. And Ms Kendricks, I want to be kind to my daughter's friends, so please don't make me regret this." She sighed and spoke. "Why bring her up so much? You've gotta be proud of yourself, right?" "I am. I think I've done... okay... since I've been voted leader. But, I bring her up because it's clear you like her too. Honestly, that girl needs to stop growing a harem..." I mumbled and Gary nodded.

"Even I noticed that. She's dumb to love, so give up if you're impatient." She smirked and spoke. "Well, lucky for me, I'm not. And what did you mean?" I just smiled and shook my head.

"I'll answer more tonight. For now, we should work on seeing how to help you." She sighed and nodded. She followed me and Gary followed behind, along with the other officers.

"Ms Kendricks, you and some officers will stay in my house. It's the one at the top of the hill. Okay?" I smiled and she looked. "You're awfully trusting..." "I don't want you to feel unwelcome by being suspicious of you. And besides, we are staying together." She nodded and Gary sighed.

"Come to us if you need to Ms Melissa." I nodded and pat his head. He blushed and sighed. "That idiot is just going to get herself wrapped up with more like you..." He told Ms Kendricks before he left. She watched him and I spoke.

"Don't worry, he's just worried about (Y/n). He really doesn't mean any offense, since he did agree that he'd try to help too." I told her and she nodded. "Alright, fine. Well, you aren't annoying. So I'll actually try this. Your daughter is still cute, so maybe it'll help." She smirked and I spoke.

"My daughter just wants someone who'll treat her nice." "Yeah, and?" "All I'm saying is that you could do with a little less teasing. There is no perfect relationship, but don't always seem like you're making fun of her. And also, especially don't hurt her friends again. Okay? I do know how you threatened two of them with death." She was surprised but sighed. "Damn. Guess I should've expected you to know that. Well, whatever. I'll just make one thing clear now." I looked at her as we got to my house and two officers decided to stay as well.

I had started to cook lunch and she spoke as she sat at the counter across from me.

"I won't even listen if you try-" "Financial struggles for the village, right?" I asked and she nodded. She glared and I spoke calmly as I cut up a few apples. "Opaline village is already enough of a tourist attraction for our fish. And I don't ask my daughter to send money, so I won't ask you." I was calm and gave her a plate first, working on the two officers next.

She was surprised but took some chopsticks and ate, sighing.

"I see being weird is also in the bloodline." I just smiled and noticed a single tear, but her voice was stable and she hid it quickly. "Thanks. It isn't bad."