17- Lunch Talk

Pic above posted on the official Tears of Themis EN Twitter.

"The villagers didn't do anything wrong. In fact, Heirson, your provider, is doing something shady... I don't know what they plan, but you asked how old Joey was, right?" I nodded and looked at the pills. She sighed and got her phone. She showed me pictures and spoke.

"These are pictures of the factories that polluted the rivers. Opaline Village is my home... I moved out, and just recently, Mother has become the Village chief. Our old one allowed Heirson to run their tests in our waters... So I don't know how long it'll be polluted like that. But, mother has been taking care of the few fish she occasionally sent here..." I was surprised and spoke.

"What is this?" She looked and sighed. "That's where they kept their human test subjects. I wasn't the lawyer mainly on the case. That was Ms Izumi. But... her and Mr Pearce told me about it. Luckily, there was only one test subject in those rooms. Unluckily, it was a child... I hope he's fine. Wherever he is." I nodded and spoke. "How does this tie in with Joey?" "Right. She's actually 7 years old, not 5 or something. But... her mother, she tried to do her best for Joey, I won't deny that. Heirson produced a drug meant to slow the signs of aging. Joey was their test subject. There's still side effects active in Joey. She looks younger than she really is, but she was slowly becoming brain dead and losing her sense of taste with more of those pills taken. So, I don't think you should let them provide your medicine." She sighed and I was surprised.

"But I don't know where else to go." She thought and spoke. "Dr Richter might be able to help... He is a psychologist. So, maybe he can help you! Ah, but I have to ask him first and I haven't spoken to him, basically since we first met..." She sighed after her excitement burst. I nodded and my friend walked out. He was confused and walked over once he recognized my car.

"Hey there. You're here unexpectedly." He waved and I nodded. "Well, I wanted to thank the lawyer here. So, sorry, we unexpectedly decided to eat here. If you can, could we eat now, or eat later?" He smiled and looked. "Ah, a little date?" She blushed and shook her head. "O-Oh no, it's not a date. I accidentally dressed like it is one..." She sighed and blushed as she looked away and down. He laughed and nodded.

"Ah I see then. So you're not going back into dating?" "Not right now." He nodded and smiled. "Alright. I'll check if there's an open seating for you two. But a cute little attorney would be an interesting change from Marino." "Markus..." I glared a bit and he laughed. She just blushed and kept staring down. He smiled and walked in quickly before walking out.

"Alright. Got a private table ready for you both. Come on in." We nodded and he led us. Luckily, people didn't recognize me with the messed up hair and different eye colors. (Y/n) just smiled and I stared.

It's probably just another small mood swing... So why has it lasted so long? Why do I suddenly want to keep her with me?

(Y/n) smiled as we sat down and Markus spoke.

"I'll be back soon to take your orders." We nodded and (Y/n) smiled. "Right. Thank you sir." He nodded and smirked as he looked at me. "And so polite. Are you sure?" "I'm certain Markus." I glared and he laughed. He nodded and left as (Y/n) stared. I sighed and took some of the appetizers provided.

"I've never really been here... So... Can I ask what you recommend?" I looked and spoke. "Well, what do you normally like? It would narrow everything down." She looked at the menu and was between three of them. I looked and suggested the more popular of the dishes.

"This one is more popular last I remember. So I'd suggest trying it." She nodded as she smiled and set the menu down. "Right. Thank you then Mr B-... Mr Eric." I nodded and was nervous. I stared at her and she was nervous.