14- Attempts

I was brought to twitter with the account name Lucy Blueroses and the @_N_3_T_. This pic of Rosa is adorable and I love it. I know her canon PAX name is Rosa, so you don't need to keep commenting it. I'm still giving her the name Izumi though, as you can tell by this chapter.

Also, I know it's been half a year and I'm so sorry. I could not bring myself to finish this for the longest time no matter how much I tried. It's not discontinued, but while I have school, I want to take a break and hope I get crackhead inspiration and make multiple chapters.

We did our best to help the village clean the river after breakfast and surprisingly, Izumi was the first one to get tired and need a break. It was probably the mild sickness draining her energy though.

"Huh... I'll be honest, I thought it would've been you to get tired first..." Estelle smiled and spoke. "I was still an active child. And it's not like I don't help the others how I can." "Fair." I nodded and smiled. We cleaned up the large pieces of trash and the people were debating who would be the new village leader.

"Someone who cares for the community..." One of the many fishers mumbled and Gary soon spoke. His voice was sudden as it was slightly louder than normal. He's always been a rather calm and relaxed person, ever since he was about 7 years old. So when he spoke louder then normal from behind the crowd, walking closer while he spoke.

"My vote's on Ms Melissa (L/n)." "Huh? Gary?" Mom asked and they looked at him. He was in front of the crowd and next to mom. She looked and he pointed back to our hill as he went back to his normal, slightly tired voice.

"Our hills and mountains were never meant to be fertile, but she still grows... what is it...? Oh right. She grows rice and vegetables on the supposed-to-be infertile land, and doesn't demand a ridiculous price. Plus the apples. So if she's up for it, Gramps and I have voted for her." I smiled and we stayed back.

The travelers didn't have a say in the village chief since they don't live here. I didn't vote either since I had a clear bias and I did move away. Mom was surprised and mumbled.

"That's a lot of pressure but... I suppose I can try if you all want it." They nodded and I hugged mom. "You'll do great!" She smiled and pat my head. "Thank you (Y/n). Don't you have to return soon?" "Yeah... our break is ending..." I sighed and she smiled. She looked at Izumi and Luke, who were confused until she spoke.

"Well, I guess, as the new chief, I thank you two on behalf of the village, for solving the pollution case. Hopefully when you came back again, the fish have returned to life peacefully in the sea and you can have our Opaline fish straight from the source." "Oh right! We're glad to help." Luke had a bright smile and she nodded.

Mom smiled and Artem spoke. "The hills aren't supposed to have anything fertile?" "They weren't meant to, correct. Our crops used to only grow around the river but myself and my mother, while it took a while, had made the hill fertile with the help of the fact of the pond." "Oh, that's nice. It is impressive with the quality of these plants..." "Huh? What do you mean?" Estelle smiled and spoke.

"They're great plants. The crops are large and healthy." She smiled and mom nodded. She smiled and spoke.

"Well, let's have some fish. What would you like?" She smiled and took three. They were large and healthy. I smiled and Izumi spoke.

"Oh! Can we try the Opaline sushi?" "I want to try the kebab!" Luke whined and the two started to argue. Mom laughed and smiled. "I'm afraid the kebabs are only when there's an abundance of them. So maybe soon." She smiled and Luke looked. He smiled and nodded as his eyes shined.

"Alright then!" He cheered and Estelle laughed while Artem sighed. "You two are acting like children..." They looked and Izumi spoke.

"I have an excuse Mr Perfect." She glared a bit before looking at me, smiling. "Oh, and how was Hughey? Was he doing well?" "Yeah, he seems really happy." I nodded and smiled. She smiled too and hugged me.