Ghost From The Past

CHAPTER SEVEN

NEWT

Well, it had always been a constant saying among us Gladers that Tommy is not the brightest bulb among the lot, but I didn't actually thought about him in that way. Sure, he has been reckless and impulsive, but his ideas did actually help us in long run.

Minho always used to wonder how could I manage both Tommy and Addie and not go bonkers. They both are twins in characteristics- both stubborn, impulsive. While Addie is not that much of a reckless and more stubborn than Tommy; Tommy decides to act before he thinks.

Maybe that's my specialty- I can tolerate crazy people.

As I had said earlier, Tommy's ideas did help us in long run, but as I find myself in the crossfire of bullets and smoke bombs and chaos and screaming, I can't find exactly how this is going to help us in the long run.

Blinking out of my stupor, I growl at Tommy, who spins around maniacally, trying to find a safe place from the raining bullets. Jorge yanks Tommy away from the main road as we all run among the crowd, trying to shield ourselves.

When we almost reach a relatively safer place, some pairs of strong hands harshly grip my arms and drag me away.

I scream for Addie, who is also, resisting her capturer. Her terrifies mocha eyes meet mine and she rushes towards me, before she is yanked away.

"Addie! No!"

"Newt!"

No matter how much I'm fighting, I'm barely making any difference to my capture. They drag me towards a truck and throw me inside. I immediately try to escape but they send a huge blow across my face.

Pain sheets through me with a terrible intensity, blinding me for a moment. A warm, wet feeling tingles my face. Slowly a taste of copper fills my mouth.

My capturer slides the door of the van and locks it.

Anger curls hot and unstoppable in my gut, like a blazing inferno that wants to burn me from the inside out. I ball my fingers to a fist, and thrash in the metal door, screaming profanities, screaming to let me out.

They do not separate me from my family! They do not touch my girl!

One of the men barrels inside the van and presses a rifle against my forehead. While I am itching to use the new offense trick that Addie had taught me that will flick the gun off from his hand, giving me the gun and blow his brain off, I try to contain my anger.

I can't let myself get killed.

Before the vehicle can even halt to a stop, I let my anger get the best of me and jump on the man, snatching the gun away from him, tossing it away.