Chapter 4: A Day Before My Peaceful Life Ends

"Class dismissed! Please remember to do your homework for Friday !"

Our sensei for math left the classroom and people immediately started making plans. Week 2, Wednesday. Maths class just ended, the last lesson of the day.

This is boring...

"Let's go head to karaoke now!"

"Sorry, but I need to do some shopping! I ran out of some essentials last night!"

Multiple conversations bounced around the classroom as I sat in my seat, packing up my things.

"You wanna head to Keyaki Mall?"

"Sure, I just need to pick up something. Meet me there in five minutes."

Another conversation reached my ear and I attempt to sneak out of the classroom.

Weave in and out of tables.

Step over a random pencil...

"Ayanokōji, where are you going?"

Damn it Kanzaki.

"Heading back to the dorms, any problem with that?"

"Yeah, I do. School ends and you just head back to the dorms. Pretty much every day unless you get invited by someone."

"My dorm is pretty comfortable, I'll let you know."

"Yeah, a plain room with random things lying around." Asaru interjected into our conversation, while walking towards us.

"So?"

"Are you a minimalist?"

"Look, it's changed a bit since you've last been there." That's actually true. They peeked inside after they invited me out after the day of class swimming. I regret that decision quite a bit.

"Oh~ dodging the question? You added a flower pot in the corner?"

I'm never going to win a battle of this nature.

"Fine, I added a carpet and a table. Happy?"

"No flower pot? Just those two?"

"I have a bonsai tree if that counts for anything."

"Idiot. Just come with us and stop going by yourself. Jeez, it's like you were raised in a lab of sorts that didn't teach you anything!"

1

"I have a sudden urge to go to the library. Can I take my leave?"

"Absolutely not. You're staying with us until we deem it fit for you to go!"

"Which is when?"

"Pfft... I don't know."

In the medium-sized group, I was walking at a slow pace near the back of it as we head towards the Pallet Cafe.

I'm currently weighing up my options of escape.

If I make a dash for it at my fastest speed, I'll be revealing my abilities. Absolutely not.

Sneak out and run back to my dorm. If it succeeds, they'll hate me. And down goes my chances of making friends.

If I stay and watch them... then I'll learn how to act as a regular human being. Probably.

How did I even become affiliated with these people?

"Ayanokōji, you want anything to drink?"

"I'll just have whatever you're having." Looks like we've arrived. The Pallet Cafe is a generally busy place found on the first floor of Keyaki Mall, with a wide assortment of drinks and snacks. People come here a lot during break and lunch break so it's never empty.